• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Got the Fuel Pressure back up on a stock pump

• Staff

I don't know exactly what did the trick. Went for a test run and pressure is up over 14 on a stock pump. It stays there on wot.All I did was take the top off the stock pump and removed the screen on the inlet side. I know I can junk the screen cause I have a prefilter.Just wanted to let you guys know how it made a difference. I think I can attribute it to that. :hyper:

I don't know exactly what did the trick. Went for a test run and pressure is up over 14 on a stock pump. It stays there on wot. All I did was take the top off the stock pump and removed the screen on the inlet side. I know I can junk the screen cause I have a prefilter. Just wanted to let you guys know how it made a difference. I think I can attribute it to that. :hyper:

the screen might have had some debris in it causing a drop. the stock pumps are capable of delivering a decent pressure for a stock truck but you dont know for how long. just another reason to have a fp gague then you can see when it is starting to fail. i personaly would not trust one on my truck even with a gauge.

• Staff

For those of us that cannot afford an aftermarket pump, I carry an extra pump behind the seat Plus with 1/2'' fuel shut off valves on each side of the pump and filter it's always an easy change out.Eventually I'll go for a Raptor.BTW The screen was perfectly clean... I really believe the screen slows the pressure down some.

times were alot better when i bought alot of the stuff i have so i understand where you are coming from. i ment no disrespect. as i have said before you have to take what you learn here or anywhere and apply it as you see fit because no one can care for your truck as you can. sounds like you have it under your watchful eye.