• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Well I got a good deal on a used almost new smarty - so I bought it to see for 1+ month - as I will get (most) my money back.Interesting stuff. I have it stacked with my powerpuck and using level 8. Its pretty aggressive down low with the torque management and the fueling. Overall I would say I like it better than my EDGE or QUAD for responsiveness and DD - just not for the features (no display, no adjustment on the fly).I cant imagine what it would be like with a fueling box like TST. :stuned: .Any1 wanna lend me one for a month !!! HAHAwowza

Well I got a good deal on a used almost new smarty - so I bought it to see for 1+ month - as I will get (most) my money back. Interesting stuff. I have it stacked with my powerpuck and using level 8. Its pretty aggressive down low with the torque management and the fueling. Overall I would say I like it better than my EDGE or QUAD for responsiveness and DD - just not for the features (no display, no adjustment on the fly). I cant imagine what it would be like with a fueling box like TST. :stuned: . Any1 wanna lend me one for a month !!! HAHA wowza

John, What do you think your doing for Hp & Tq now? Where did you end up findin' the deal? SaWeet! Dave

Hey manCF - $450. They ray from $450-$500 used - but I got it from a vendor I trust - so knew it was all checked out good :) Gotta say the more I drive with it - the more I LIKE it .....lmao - bad news Terms of HP - not much different than I was before - as I got rid of the QUAD and got a puck (kinda downgraded) and then got this and installing a new methanol kit.So on theory only230HP + 75 inj + 30 puck + 65 smarty + 20-30 HP between methanol/air intake mods etcSo call it 430HP * 0.85 ...... somewhere between 340HP and 375 HP as a best guess :) Going to install my he351cw, install headstuds - and possibly stack the smarty with the fueling chip - just too see what 400+ HP is like ........ but will stay closer to this setup longer term :) I try and find good deals on stuff that I can try and then sell for little loss if I dont like - kinda fun when I have the time which isn't much lately ...... :)

Hey man CF - $450. They ray from $450-$500 used - but I got it from a vendor I trust - so knew it was all checked out good :) Gotta say the more I drive with it - the more I LIKE it .....lmao - bad news Terms of HP - not much different than I was before - as I got rid of the QUAD and got a puck (kinda downgraded) and then got this and installing a new methanol kit. So on theory only 230HP + 75 inj + 30 puck + 65 smarty + 20-30 HP between methanol/air intake mods etc So call it 430HP * 0.85 ...... somewhere between 340HP and 375 HP as a best guess :) Going to install my he351cw, install headstuds - and possibly stack the smarty with the fueling chip - just too see what 400+ HP is like ........ but will stay closer to this setup longer term :) I try and find good deals on stuff that I can try and then sell for little loss if I dont like - kinda fun when I have the time which isn't much lately ...... :)

Hey Mr. FAK-tual, I would love your set up that is AWESOME!:drool: Is the cw a non VGT? Will you have to run an offset on the .05-6 turbo? What head studs are you thinking of running? Just pulling 1 by 1 or replacing the head gasket too? Sorry for all the questions, just want to see what you have rolling around in your head. :ahhh: Jusk keep it FAKtual,:pant: (all the FAK's Rollin out) :thumb1: Dave

Hey man - yeah try this one after after a few beers ..... "where the fark is that fak" .... I have hx40 right now .... The he351cw is smaller and you require a flange adapter ... With that they are very close in length so almost direct fit .... You do have to modify the charge pipe as the intake is different Should have on in a week or so been sitting here for 2 months haha been busyGot some used arp 425 will check them out before I put on

Hey man - yeah try this one after after a few beers ..... "where the fark is that fak" .... I have hx40 right now .... The he351cw is smaller and you require a flange adapter ... With that they are very close in length so almost direct fit .... You do have to modify the charge pipe as the intake is different Should have on in a week or so been sitting here for 2 months haha been busy Got some used arp 425 will check them out before I put on

What the fark did you say?:lol: How much of an improvement is the HX40 over a 35? Anything need to be changed to drop one of those in? Does a cw have the VGT? How do you check a used ARP? Overall lenth variation? Sorry for the questions, just interested to know, Dave

What the fark did you say?:lol:

How much of an improvement is the HX40 over a 35? Anything need to be changed to drop one of those in? Its a 4" exhaust outlet - so just had to drop the elbow from the hx35 off the hx40 and have a 4" downpipe from memory. I liked the Hx40 a LOT. Its a tiny bit laggy till around 5psi but after that it pulls strong all the way through to 35psi where I have it gated

Does a cw have the VGT? Dont think so - non-VGT - just a 60/60/9 - so its as close you can get to a 62 for around 2/3rds the price/ Plus it has the quick spoolup which I like on our autos. $600 all in used ..... instead of $900 for a used 57/x/12 (super b) or a $1100 used Super B (64/72/14) etc

How do you check a used ARP? Overall lenth variation? -- No idea :lmao2: So there's a chance they wont even go on the truck. Just a visual check for pitting/cracks and length - but general condition. If they look suss I got a good price and will just resell to a puller or someone that knows more than me and can swap and pick etc.

Sorry for the questions, just interested to know - np - everyone told me the stuff above - I know nothing !! haha - I just like to tinker

Dave

answers in blue :thumb1:

• Like 1

The only thing I really understood in all of this is the "what the fark did you say?" part, and it is fitting. Being a newbie makes it rough figuring out what posts like this are all about. Is there an index that one can use to decipher what "CW, VGT, ARP" and other abbreviations mean.I honestly am not trying to be a wise guy. I am just trying to "spool up" pardon the pun, and these abbreviations are killing me. You fellows have a whole lot of knowledge that I would love to learn more about.

The only thing I really understood in all of this is the "what the fark did you say?" part, and it is fitting. Being a newbie makes it rough figuring out what posts like this are all about. Is there an index that one can use to decipher what "CW, VGT, ARP" and other abbreviations mean. I honestly am not trying to be a wise guy. I am just trying to "spool up" pardon the pun, and these abbreviations are killing me. You fellows have a whole lot of knowledge that I would love to learn more about.

Good idea - start a thread and we can start filling it out - unless someone can remember if we have one. Most of stuff is just parts/model/product info ARP - http://www.arp-bolts.com/ he351cw - its a turbo - cw stands for http://myholsetturbo.com/manuals/HE351CW.pdf VGT - variable geometry turbo - newer models - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variable_geometry_turbocharger

fark sys, CW has something to do with a certain model of turbo, VGT i believe is a variable pitch vanes inside of a turbo, and ARP i believe is a brand of stud for your cylinder head that you need if you are running alot of pwer and boost. thats my take on the above. as you can see i struggle with some of it my self. i am not a newbie until it comes to thing like this that i hope to be learnig about after i get my truck in order for the way it is set up. then progess on to differant systems on the truck. RJC has a point is there a legend for all the abbreviations somewhere?:shrug:

• 2 months later...

Hey man CF - $450. They ray from $450-$500 used - but I got it from a vendor I trust - so knew it was all checked out good :) Gotta say the more I drive with it - the more I LIKE it .....lmao - bad news Terms of HP - not much different than I was before - as I got rid of the QUAD and got a puck (kinda downgraded) and then got this and installing a new methanol kit. So on theory only 230HP + 75 inj + 30 puck + 65 smarty + 20-30 HP between methanol/air intake mods etc So call it 430HP * 0.85 ...... somewhere between 340HP and 375 HP as a best guess :) Going to install my he351cw, install headstuds - and possibly stack the smarty with the fueling chip - just too see what 400+ HP is like ........ but will stay closer to this setup longer term :) I try and find good deals on stuff that I can try and then sell for little loss if I dont like - kinda fun when I have the time which isn't much lately ...... :)

correction your 235, not 230. i still have a 215 pump and i can't wait to replace mine with a 235 then i'll be hovering around 355Hp, and 35psi of boost and i will have the max on my set up. Im glad to see someone else who agrees with me that the smarty does down low dirty.

Good idea - start a thread and we can start filling it out - unless someone can remember if we have one. Most of stuff is just parts/model/product info ARP - http://www.arp-bolts.com/ he351cw - its a turbo - cw stands for http://myholsetturbo.com/manuals/HE351CW.pdf VGT - variable geometry turbo - newer models - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variable_geometry_turbocharger

That's why I call you Mr Fak-tual! Way to go John on helpin' a brother out! Dave What are you up to now? Puttin on the new holiday toys?

With the smarty and my rv injectors with the 62/65/12 turbo, I put down 285hp/605tq.Only thing I did so far was swap in some 150hp injectors. I have no idea what my hp now is but those injectors are around a 110hp increase over the rv's. Math wise.I run the revo software on mine. IIRC the duration is 4, timing 4 and tq 3 with the main software at 3. I figured with the revo it makes all the other softwares the same since all parameters can be adjusted. I only think this because noone can tell me otherwise so far. Rumor mil has it they are working on more VP programs on the smarty. Be nice if they can mimic pump tapping without having to physically tap the wire.

• 2 weeks later...