• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Cirrus Tires, wheels, front end

The Cirrus has been my Daily Driver... easier to get into than the 4X4. I've been bothered by a vibration for a couple of years. Additionally, I've had slow tire / wheel leaks that have necessitated blowing them up once a week or so. The tires I had on it were winter tires bought by Dear Daughter for her Sunbird when she grew tired of getting stuck in Vermont winters... she drove it home & the car died. After it sat for a year, she junked it & I pulled the tires. The Cirrus was the only car the tires fit so I had them mounted when I needed new skins. Asside from being noisy, I drove them without any issues for the first year or more. Then the vibration started... and air loss... I had the car into a tire place twice to fix the leaks & rebalance... I had the front drive shafts replaced which accomplished nothing (except redistribution of wealth). I noticed the steering wheel was no longer entered... had the front end gone over a couple of times... was told "needed no parts" but was out of line... take it to an alignment shop. I only drive locally ( & didn't get around to it until this week.

the whell is easily centered when they do an alignment if they pay attention. i have gootten to where i make sure i tell them when they do it. the tires could just be old or the rims might have a little rust or corrosion causing the leak. i have had a couple trailer tires that developed that during their life. are the tire old. i have had some that would be noisy and vibrate just do to age.

The wheels are alloys... I know a lot of people who have trouble with leakers on the second or later set of tires. The tire place that fixed the tires before... said they tried to stop the leaks after cleaning the rims... tried to tell me "if that didn't work to buy new rims". The salesman at Town Fair Tire said they didn't like to use bead sealer because it made it hard to get the tires off... I said it I put another 50,000 miles on this 1997, I likely will have bigger worries than the tires.It's not just Chryler products either... my friend's Subaru had this... had multiple attempts to clean rims, fix, etc. Tires were still that way when he traded it. I agree centering the steering should be easy it thay pay attention... I pointed it out & it was taken care of. I have spent a bunch of money on the car... but if the problems had been fixed right on previous attempts, it would have been done & could have been making progress on other things that need work (like the truck). Knowing where to go & who you trust is important.