• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Posting this hear because Cummins Forum has some rude ___ members

Well after doing the new trubo swap .. and the 50 hp DDP injectors I have had a hard start issue . Replaced all the o ring on the injectors twice .. new injector tubes twice .. o rings on them twice . Tightened all connections , replaced the line from the filter to the VP with a big line kit . ... still air is getting back in and draining back . If the truck sits for more than 2 hrs it takes 3 cranks to start . Before it never did this with the OEM stuff . I am at my wits end . yes I searched , yes I did the baby powder , yes I parked it up hill and down hill ... If this cant be fixed I am lost . Banjo on the back of the head tight , t fitting tight . Battery's are good , VP is new , raptor 150 is new . Fuel PSI is 19 idle 17 driving 16 wot . Key on pump primes for 2 sec gauge reads 19 psi ... crank no start until i crank 3 times . Once started it will fire all the time , just wont after it has been sitting .

ramhunter9,

I had a similar issue with fuel draining on a uphill parking at my house. I tightened everything and still would do it after sitting about 4 days. Well after a while i started noticing a fuel leak. Finally got to it, replaced the injector tube orings, replaced the banjo washers on the back of the head.

Fuel leak fixed and no leakdowns anymore. I found the washer for the banjobolt on the back of the head had turned to rock hard plastic instead of rubber, tightening it still didnt fix the leak.

I would double check if the washers on the banjo bolt back of the head are good and not petrified (literally) if not already done or replaced.

the t-connector for the VP and head return line can be cracked as well or the rubber lines connecting all that stuff in the back could be letting air in. It is a low pressure portion so it might not be spraying fuel to find. If im not mistaken there is a check valve on the return system as well?

I would suggest re-checking the torque or tighten just a bit more on the injector tubes where they go into the head. You may be leaking in air there. You may also be leaking fuel into your engine oil so I advise checking that too.

• 8 months later...

My fuel leak had similar symptoms - it ended up being the o ring inside and/or behind the water drain valve - the dealer tried to sell only the entire filter assembly - finally found a guy in parts that located the plastic valve and o ring separately from the filter assembly 40$ +/- new o rings in the old plastic valve may have worked tooNow my cummins performance big line kit is leaking at the psi port - new install and I used yellow thread seal on the pipe fitting - I think I was too tentative in tightening the fitting as it looked thin on the elbow where they drilled and tapped the 90 for the 1/8 mpt port - I will pull it apart tomorrow, re apply thread seal and tighten 'er down a bit more