• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Roadside Vehicle Inpections

anoldbiker

In the past, most states had 'Roadside Vehicle Inspections' where they set up a random check point and stop vehicle driving down a road for inspection of vehicles being in compliance of that state laws and such.

[*]Also, they checked for different things like drinking, drugs and such, but keep it as a vehicle inspection for general public announcement.

[*]Now in Tennessee, TSA can now stop you with an inspection, but I believe this is for big rigs.

Since moving here, I have seen this done for vehicle inspection and insurance purposes, (they also inform residences prior of this inspection in the local newspaper).

The state I moved from hasn't done this for years, but kept the option 'IF' it might be in their favor for something they want in the future.

With so many traveling cross country / long distances, and this possibly happening, I would like to know if they still do this in your state.

I never had an issue passing anything they checked for in my 45+ years of driving, but have wasted a lot of time waiting in line to be inspected.

Thanks.

My pickups have always carried commerial plates but I've been waved off roadside inspections. RI has a couple of Truck Inspection areas but have never had fixed facilities there that I can remember... just paved turn offs. RI State Police have "truck cops" with SUVs with portable scales.

Yes, we have them here ...not a fan of them at all. I believe in fixing my vehicle if it's unsafe, I don't believe in being hassled when i'm trying to get somewhere and have to sit on side of the road while a mecahnic trained to be as nit picky as he can get, makes a purpose of finding something wrong with my vehicle. Luckily I haven't hit one yet, but from what I hear , in my area they are out to take your vehicle off the road rather then make you aware of something you should take care of. I'd sooner have a yearly inspection back (now 2 years) then be hassled by a roadside mission. I usually take mine in yearly still just to have it gone over and make sure it's al ok

NC sets up license checks and DUI checpoints about everywhere i have been in the state. Some are announced some are not. they will right you a ticket for any violations,vehicle or driver. these are usually doone in town or on secndary roads. Occationaly you will see them at off ramps on the interstate. its not like they are all over the place day and night.

I have never seen them in Utah or Oregon for non commercial vehicles. BUT, if your driving a commercial vehicle in Utah good luck! They will pull you over on the premise of a weight check and then they bring out the creeper and then you might as well call a mechanic before they get done with the inspection!

Nothing like that here in Texas that i know of or have seen here in Texas, havent even seen a weigh station in operation here in a very long time. -Jordan-

This is specifically for you in Texas. http://www.prisonplanet.com/jones-family-confront-warrantless-checkpoint-round-2.html Anoldbiker, This is for you in Tennessee. http://www.prisonplanet.com/tennessee-joins-tsa-in-creating-random-check-points.html I could flood this board with examples of this unconstitutional activity. This is why we Need Mr. Ron Paul to be next in the oval office.

Fine by me, but im 30 minutes from the Oklahoma border doubt ill be seeing anything like that anytime soon. -Jordan-

I wouldn't be so sure with your sell out Governor trying to sell off as much land as he can to any foreign country that comes forward for the transcontinental highway.

If you think i support Rick Perry or anything he has or will do your sadly wrong, I have never voted for him as governor :lol: . -Jordan-

Nope not insinuating anything nor suggesting anything personal against you at all, just laying out some info about the topic at hand for reference.:ahhh:

I will admit the fool we voted in as governor recently signed an agreement to allow TSA to do road inspections, (I was vocal about this in an email to him and when he did a visit to the local area, I believe they call this a TownHall Meeting). Yet I haven't found one TSA inspection point yet, except at the airports. I'm very much against it. Take a map and tell me I'm close to ANY continental border.All I wanted to know if they still do roadside vehicle inspections in your state. Sorry, didn't want to make a political battle out of this. Now 'THAT' would be a long, passionate and very hot thread, wouldn't it ?

Hard to not discuss the primary reason for the trend thats becoming all to common thats slowly indoctrinating our society into accepting a police state. Kind of like the frog in the pot of water and slowly turning up the heat.The only road side inspections here in ND are for commercial vehicles usually safety and weight checks. With the Baaken oil patch in western ND going gang busters they are starting to crack down a lot harder in that area. The only other is for sobriety check but those are advertised about a week ahead of time in the local media about when and in what area but not the exact location. But it is done by local law enforcement and State patrol HP's only. Also state law requires the check be posted at a certain distance that one is ahead and there has to be an area "Approach" or something similar for people to turn around to avoid it. The constitutional Possie Commitatis act is still respected in our state. The national gaurd and other military reserves ride the razors edge at times during states of emergency but they do follow the rules here.

I will admit the fool we voted in as governor recently signed an agreement to allow TSA to do road inspections, (I was vocal about this in an email to him and when he did a visit to the local area, I believe they call this a TownHall Meeting). Yet I haven't found one TSA inspection point yet, except at the airports. I'm very much against it. Take a map and tell me I'm close to ANY continental border. All I wanted to know if they still do roadside vehicle inspections in your state. Sorry, didn't want to make a political battle out of this. Now 'THAT' would be a long, passionate and very hot thread, wouldn't it ?

Isn't the TSA a "federal" agency????? Why would a state gov. give the feds more power in his state???? Democrat gov.??? In Tennessee, does that give the TSA "police powers"??? AKA. detainment, arrest, etc.??? If not, I wouldn't give them the time of day.

Weather is a bit bad and the DSL went out for a bit. Yes, the TSA is the 'FEDS', and they were allowed to inspect per the Nashville News stations by or governor, who is a republican. I can't believe he did it. The state is allowed to inspect, the counties can for under the influence and during that, whatever they can, and naturally the cities can when they want. Almost like living in California again. Only the taxes and vehicle fees are way less and the vehicle aren't trying to do triple digits going to Vegas.

Several years ago, I had occasion to use a new farrier while my regular guy was in Florida... the guy arrives very late. He's driving a big old box truck where he has his forge & his bench... Most farriers around here use a pickup with a work cap or a cab & chassis with a farrier's body. Any rate, the new farrier has the ratty looking box truck. He says looks like crap but mechanically excellant. Stopped by the truck cops 3 times in one day in different parts of the state. He was not overweight, load insignificant for this truck. He got the full inspection before he was sent on his way. He got paper work showing he'd been inspected. He showed it the next stop... they did it all again! Nuts!! Very strange... I think a lot of farriers pickups are likely over weight: anvil, forge, steel horse shoes. My regular guy was driving a 1/2 ton Ford... and he told me he was considerably over weight. Never been stopped! Talk about profiling...

This is specifically for you in Texas.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/jones-family-confront-warrantless-checkpoint-round-2.html

Anoldbiker, This is for you in Tennessee.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/tennessee-joins-tsa-in-creating-random-check-points.html

I could flood this board with examples of this unconstitutional activity. This is why we Need Mr. Ron Paul to be next in the oval office.

Amen Brother!!! :thumbup2:

--- Update to the previous post...

I will admit the fool we voted in as governor recently signed an agreement to allow TSA to do road inspections, (I was vocal about this in an email to him and when he did a visit to the local area, I believe they call this a TownHall Meeting). Yet I haven't found one TSA inspection point yet, except at the airports. I'm very much against it. Take a map and tell me I'm close to ANY continental border.

All I wanted to know if they still do roadside vehicle inspections in your state.

Sorry, didn't want to make a political battle out of this.

Now 'THAT' would be a long, passionate and very hot thread, wouldn't it ?

Haslam was not my choice either. Ron Ramsey was a little closer to my political liking. I am very disappointed in Haslam. With a Republican House and Senate, he STILL has not pushed to get the IMMORAL Tennessee Inheritance/Estate/Gift tax repealed.