• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Retread Tires

I came across Treadwright Tires yesterday and was wondering if anyone else is using them and what they think of them or if anyone has used retread tires before and what they think. The prices are fantastic and looking at the Wardens and Guard Dogs. Couldn't find any bad reviews on them when I looked them up.

Out here on the ranch that I work on we used to run retreads on the work trucks. One set I had on my truck lasted over two years, that is saying a lot. Probably 95 % of our miles are on gravel or dirt roads, a lot of times we have a goose neck stock trailer hooked up, or a load of block that weighs in at a ton. Once in a while we would have a cap come off, but that is rare. The only reason we no longer run retreads is that the tire shop was no longer able to get 16 inch tires. I would not see a problem with it, they look good at a good price. I might have to get a set when my tires need replacing. Good luck which ever way you go.

they are good looking tires. i just wonder if you get enough milage out of them to make them economical compared to a new tire. i used to run retreads a long time ago and dont remember any bad problems, but i do remember reduced milage along with the cost.

thanks i missed the tread life rating. this is what i get when i compare what i saw there.265 75R16 load range E Sentinel $108+$25 each shipping+$20 mount and balance=$153X4=$61224 month 24k mile warranty. tread life 40k to 50k purchased from Discount Tire265 75R 16 load range E Pirelli $209X4+$836 out the door.65K warranty on treadfree rotation and balancefree flat repair(they tell me they will do that for anyone wether you bought them there or not)free replacement if damaged beyond repair(i have had to use this twice on differant sets, ran over something both times)the is the second set of these i have run and i got around 58K on the first ones.if you have no problems with either set there is only about a $50 differance in the cost thru the life of the tires. rotation and balancing is going to cost you something down the road unless you know someone who will do it for free. Treadwrights warranty states you must have it done a documented to honor the warranty. the initial cost is much nicer than new tires, i cant argue that. i for one am tired of the sticker shock i get when buying new tires. but for the life of the tire and what i have from discount tire it would be hard for me to change.

Bunch of my friends here run treadwrights and my next set likely will be too now that they're remolding 19.5s. Easily 8 sets of 4 tires on everything from Offroad jeeps to tow rig trucks and only one bulged sidewall issue that was taken care of straight away. Very good choice; solid product.

they look like a good product and i will be interested in how they work. i was suprised that DT didnt have a branch in tulsa at least. Ther home office is in Arizona i believe. i started using them because we build them. i built one here in NC a couple years ago. they have agreat warranty and stand behind it no matter wher i am. it appears that Tredwright does to. i built a Chick fil a in tulsa about 8 years ago and my plumber was from Broken Arrow, could not remeber his name if i had to now. very much enjoyed working out that way. there are alot of good folks out your way. we really enjoyed the Cowboy Hall of Fame, i believe thats what it is. when we were there they had a chuck wagon competition going on and for $5 we got a spoon a plate and a cup and got to eat from all the chuck wagons. mighty good eating.

I'll post how they work out for me and put some pictures of them up. Nope there's sure not any around here. I think I may have seen one in OKC but don't have a clue where it was. Yeah I know which one you're talking about having built. And you're right it is the Cowboy Hall of Fame it's in OKC and I still haven't been there.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I got the tires put on and am happy for the most part with them. The only thing I don't like about them is that I lost a few miles per gallon. I don't think it's the tires themselves as much as the particular tread pattern. It's a much more aggressive pattern than I've ever had on a truck before. They have some noise but it's not more of like a turbine engine whine than a rumble. post-10351-138698181385_thumb.jpg

post-10351-138698181357_thumb.jpg

post-10351-138698181364_thumb.jpg

post-10351-138698181371_thumb.jpg