• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New turbo

Hey guys am getting a new turbo :hyper: I am planning on getting the phat shaft 62 but I am worried about the installation . How hard is it to get it on there ? Am confused on the exhaust part , since I have understood that I need a hx40 down pipe . So my question is how would I install it having the banks monster exhaust and the Banks power elbow on it ? Please if any body has any ideas and recomendations they would be very much appreciated .

If you want to use the banks elbow and exhaust you will need to get a different turbo, one that uses the OEM exhaust style, but the HX40 style downpipe is a very high flowing setup.

AH64ID .. No way to adapt it ? cummins .... just measure everything as best you can ......I was out 0.5 inch short after I got my hx40 downpipe in .... and do you think that thing comes back out easy - hello :( ....... missing skin and blood later I managed to join another bit of pipe to it --- and then I was 0.5 to long ..... repeat again :banghead:
  • Like 1

• Staff

You can always adapt, but there is a matter for $$ and room. The HX40 style downpipe uses a v-band clamp, where the OEM uses a bolt on flange. The HX40 doesn't need the high flow elbow becuase it's 4" from the turbine flange. The easiest way to do it differently would be a turbine housing, but again $$.. if it's even available. If your dead set on the OE style elbow/exhaust then look into a different turbo..Personally I like the Garrett Power Max Stage 2's as a similar setup to a PS 62.

• Like 1