• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

nv 5600 and exhaust brake

I think that most of the problems to be had with the NV5600 are due to the fact that these issues probably arose because the fluid wasnt enough to submerge the 6th gear assembly. Im sure that if from the beginning of time with the NV5600 that if they were filled with that extra quart of fluid most of the known issues would not have occured. But then again this isnt the reality.I will just add an extra quart on top of a full fill (upper fill hole) and be happy with no worries. I use my EB in all gears at any given time for any reason, i dont do heavy towing but i have not had any issues either.

i wil still use mine in all gears. it does not seem to have any adverse effects on any thing for me and from yall it seems the same. i run mine with 1 quart extra in the tranny. i have also seen some folks putting some anti slip in the fluid. not sure about that one. any of yall doing that?