• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Damper pulley gone bad ?

Changed the belt out about a year ago because it was older and that one went bad two days ago chewed up on the inside even the two day old belt is already starting to rip a little on the inside edge as well :mad:

so I decided to look at all pulleys while moving and the damper pulley seems to have too much play

can it be bad ? is this a common problem or anyone heard of such a thing before ?

the part is a dealer only part so far and its $420 :doh:

Anywhere else you know of sell them if I do need a new one ?

--- Update to the previous post...

This is on the 24V

Thanks I will take a look in the day light and see what I figure out

--- Update to the previous post...

I have a fluidampr the reason i needed one was on shut down it would squeak. Mine was 412.00.

http://www.klmperformance.com/fluidampr/harmonic-fluid-damper-fluidampr.htm

I didnt get mine here ^ just wanted to show you. So to answer your question yes they go bad. Mine did not shread my belt. Make sure everything else is ok.

Oh a squeak is something mine does at shut down as well

My truck has squeeked on shut down since it was new. Still does. I wonder about the idler pully, I had one fail on a Ford Ranger (2.2 natural diesel (no turbo). Not sure if the pivot wore first or the ball bearings but both were junk when it came out.

I tried to figure out if it was bad today but no luck other than seeing it shake while running so I ended up taking it to my friend's shop who looked at it and said it does need replacementNow where can I get one for a deal ? I am so broke its not even funny :banghead:

• 2 months later...