• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Cracked exhaust manifold 98.5 24v

HelloDuring a routine valve adjustment the shop noticed that my exhaust manifold is cracked between 3 and 4. I plan on replacing with an aftermarket, they are reccomending the BD manifold, what is everone using? Is one better than the other? Also can about a 100 deg higher EGT than normal for the last 2 years that i could never explain no boost leaks whatsoever poor economy be chaulked up to the cracked manifold???Thanks eveyone

Hello During a routine valve adjustment the shop noticed that my exhaust manifold is cracked between 3 and 4. I plan on replacing with an aftermarket, they are reccomending the BD manifold, what is everone using? Is one better than the other? Also can about a 100 deg higher EGT than normal for the last 2 years that i could never explain no boost leaks whatsoever poor economy be chaulked up to the cracked manifold??? Thanks eveyone

For stock one call your local Frieghtliner dealer with engine# I bought one 4-5 yrs ago for $175,then grind all the slag/imperfections(help remove hot spots) from the casting, since then I've put 500k plus on this manifold.:2cents:
  • Like 2