Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dunatyk

Cracked exhaust manifold 98.5 24v

HelloDuring a routine valve adjustment the shop noticed that my exhaust manifold is cracked between 3 and 4. I plan on replacing with an aftermarket, they are reccomending the BD manifold, what is everone using? Is one better than the other? Also can about a 100 deg higher EGT than normal for the last 2 years that i could never explain no boost leaks whatsoever poor economy be chaulked up to the cracked manifold???Thanks eveyone

Due to cost I would stay with stock. I dont belive they help until your over 400hp. I'll sell you a stock one.

:iagree: I don't see any reason for aftermarket exhaust manifold till you making big power or this going to track runner truck where its either WOT or idle...

Hello During a routine valve adjustment the shop noticed that my exhaust manifold is cracked between 3 and 4. I plan on replacing with an aftermarket, they are reccomending the BD manifold, what is everone using? Is one better than the other? Also can about a 100 deg higher EGT than normal for the last 2 years that i could never explain no boost leaks whatsoever poor economy be chaulked up to the cracked manifold??? Thanks eveyone

For stock one call your local Frieghtliner dealer with engine# I bought one 4-5 yrs ago for $175,then grind all the slag/imperfections(help remove hot spots) from the casting, since then I've put 500k plus on this manifold.:2cents:

Geno's has ATS for 470.25 three piece and a BD three piece for 508.25 these are pulse flow this helps to spool up the turbocharger faster. good luck