• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I have a friend that's looking at an 01 dodge cummins and he's asking me some questions. Now he says it has a fuel leak on the vp44 behing the inspection cover. I think he means the cover that has the tamper proof screws holding it. Is this a concern or can he just change a gasket or seal and not worry about it? It also has a cracked exhaust manifold so I suppose that means it's been run too hot. Any concerns there?

• Owner

As for seals you could replace that seal on the cover if you can get one... I would ask TH Racing (one of vendors) he might have an idea on where to get the seals.As for the exhaust manifold rather common on truck that have seen some pretty hot temps. I would consider doing a compression test t verify the cylinder health. If that can't be done you could do a blow by test but that kind of general sum test of all blow by.

A cracked exh manifold doesn't always mean it has been hot it is just the nature of cast iron being a 1 piece and no way for expansion or contraction. Most times they crack from being shut down too fast while it is hot meaning too fast of a temperature fluxtuation. Personally I would not worry about it.