• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How do I correct uneven tire wear?

• 2 weeks later...

I made an intricate setup to measure if there was any misalignments in toe or whatever my theory is, camber? Anyhow, toe was perfect. Could not find anything misaligned there. I used calipers to do all my measuring so I kinda doubt I wasn't accurate enough.. Then came camber, it was actually the opposite of my theory, as in the tops of the tires are farther apart than the bottoms, so they are leaning outwards, but this was hardly even measurable, it also says the outside of the tires should have been wearing, not the insides. However, the testing was done with the back tires on the front so they aren't bald on the inside like the others were, and this was with the air bags in front with lots of pressure. So either the air bags did it or the tires did it, or both. I'll do further testing if I notice these tires are wearing on the inside as well, from what I saw they hadn't done so yet.

Camber is NOT considered a tire wearing angle in an alignment. Examble is the 80's ford truck with the TTB(Twin Traction Beam) front suspension. Those things always had the tires leaning out at the top when new and after a few years the tops of the tires would lean in with no difference in tire wear. If your tires are wearing on the inside it is an indication of the front end being toed out to far. As for measuring the toe, pull the truck forwards on a level surface, make sure the truck is rolling straight. Spray paint a spot on the rear of the front tire tread, make a vertical line and a horizontal line in the paint marks. Make sure the horizontal lines are at the same height. Measure the distance between the two vertical marks. Pull the truck forward until your paint marks are on the front of the tires and the horizontal lines are the same height as they were in the rear. Measure the distance between the vertical lines now on the front of the tires. Compare your measurements from the front to the rear between the vertical lines and that will tell you if the truck is toed in, out, or right.