• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

My truck chugs random, HELP!!!

articcummins

Since last week my truck start to CHUG when I drive it at any speed, it look like the transmission shift for no reason and send a signal to the engine to drop rpm. If I put the transmission on neutral I get the full rpm but as soon I put it back to drive it start to chug. I clean the conectors on the transmissiom and on the conector where the gas pedal sensor is and put dielectric on the conector, I found nothing wrong there out of some oil in one conector. The transmission fluid is good. Last night I make the truck sleep in the garage, this morning it was working fine, but after work on my way back home it start again, we have some snow here and the first time it start to do it it was raining, but some raining day it dont do it, so I dont think that wheather have something to do with it, My truck is a 2004 with a AirDog 150, everything else is stock.

• Owner

I'm hoping Wild & Free shows up soon but I'm going to bet there is a band adjustment or something that is calling for torque converter lock up too early. I was hoping for a error code to point me in a direction. But being the trans appear to be shifting early that could very well cause it to chug. Next time it occurs take note of the RPM's and speed.

No I dont have a Fuel pressure gauge, I want to instal one but I dont no if it's better to put a mecanical one or to wait and buy a electronic one. If somebody can give me any advice for with brand to instal... Since I change my fuel filter and water separator my truck run like new... I hope that was the problem.

My truck start to chug again today, it was fine for a week. No code show up, today it's

- 15 and snow fall. I have no clue where to start to check for that snag...it do the same thing as before, gear shift for no reason an I can't get faster than 60 Km/h...

--- Update to the previous post...

Tonight after diner I drive my truck and I beat the crap out of it and it drive like new. I do a lot of stop and go, drive it in tow/haul mode, in drive, 2 and 1 speed selection, nothing happen. This truck is pising me off right now. I see on other tread that some guy have problem with a selenoid in the transmission, I dont now if this is my problem, a bad selenoid, if somebody have any advice, help is welcome.

My truck pop a code today P0720 (Output speed sensor circuit malfonction) I dont now what is that system for, is is the speed probe for the speedometer. I dont now if that system can cause my trouble. If somebody already have that code and now where I have to start for troubleshooting help is welcome. My truck is a 2004 with a auto trany, the only mod is a airdog 150. My 2 batterie are new and I check for a bad ground and everything look good on that side