• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Well guys a couple of weeks ago I posted that I was having problems blowing the 30 amp fuse on my Fass pump. Well I got alot of good feedback on things to try but I put in a 30 circut breaker and had no more problems untill today:doh: Went into a store and left truck running and when I came out my fuel pressure alarm was on 0 psi:banghead: So after talking with Fass tech support I removed the pump and put straight 12v to it and nothing also noticed one of the wires going into the pump was melted off:shrug: So call Fass back and ordered my replacement pump so now I am dowm my only rig for a couple days:cry: So lesson learned get to the bottom of the problem just don't patch it:smart: Thanks

• Owner

I hate to say it... But I'm a stickler for telling people to fix the problem quit using band-aids... Most likely in your case the pump motor seized and the amperage went through the roof melting the wiring even with the circuit breaker because it would cycle in and out as the breaker cooled...Hopefully no harm came to the VP44... :pray:

Yeh I think that I may have caused the problem because working at a Napa I thought I found a fuel filter that was better than they rexommened so I ended up putting a 2 micron filter on the suction side:doh: I did notice rhat the pump was surging but wasent changing psi so didnt think anything was wrong, but I think that may causwd a cavation that may have buned up the pump:cookoo:so I hope some of you guys learn from my mistake:smart:

That sucks! What model did you order?

I ordered the 150 again but it is a outrite buy now, no core $300. But he said I can have my old one rebuilt for $175 but takes a little time to r&r so I will send my old one back to get rebuilt and have an extra one laying around you never know when you are going to need it and all the guys I know through the store it might come in handy:thumbup2:

• Staff

Those numbers correlate to their HD series, which makes getting super fine filters difficult as it uses hydraulic filters not fuel filters. Hydraulic filters are multi-pass rated, and designed more for instant flow and delayed filtration with a closed loop system, vs fuel filters that flow less but filter more per pass. Are you sure 1202 is the correct number? It's not listed on Wix's site. The FF1003 is a HF6604, 3um absolute hydraulic filter. Wix has recently redone their commercial/hydraulic filters. The A07A03G is the cross, and is 3um at 99.5%, which is excellent.. but that is still a multi-pass rating so it's impossible to determine what it is on a single pass. It's a good example of what I mentioned with flow vs filtration. It has 453 sq inches of media and is rated for 26 GPM, perfect for a closed loop hydraulic system. A comparable fuel filter, Donaldson P551313 is 3um at 98.7% and flows 1.7 GPM with 649 sq in of media. So which one do you think will pick up more 3um particles on the first pass? The HF6604 has worked well for many people for a long time, but it sure would be nice if FASS would switch to fuel filter and not a hydraulic filter. The 3405 crosses to the BF1212, which should be a good filter. Wix will not disclose their f/w separation rates.. so your on your own if you insist on running Wix. It cannot be verified if it meets OEM spec or not. The FS1212 does not, but the BF1212 does so the 3405 may or may not. Only way to know for sure is to run a filter with published specs.

• Like 1