• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

slowing down

So i have been performing an experiment on myself to see if there is a positive change.From where i live the speeds are 75 at the highest and 55 at the lowest maximum limit.I have been cruising at 55 the whole way both directions and have found the following.1. My mileage obviously will be around the best for my truck.2. Going slower than everyone else allows me to relatively stay in the right lane and i dont have to switch lanes much anymore. another source of aggrivation.3. Faster people will pass and fly by, so be it.4. Going slower means i dont have slow people in front of me to slow me down that would normally be a source of aggrivation.5. I dont have to pass people much anymore. another source of aggrivation.6. i get to my destination maybe 5 minutes later than i usually would (if that), but i still leave early enough to have no reason to rush.7. Any idiot on the road will have passed me thus not have spewed his driving ignorance on me if i were doing the speed limit.Results:I dont have much road rage or aggrivation while driving anymore.I get to work feeling better and not so pissed at everything, my day starts on a good foot.This only took a week to realize and i am enjoying the results.You should give it a try. Take one week, use good judgement and slow down a bit, let everyone pass ya. Turn the radio up and enjoy the ride! You will see much of the aggrivation from driving dissapear :thumbup2:

• Staff
:thumb1: X2 here. I just don't like being caught up in that rat race. One mistake happens in front of them and they've left no room for errors.I get to where I'm going less tired, more energy, happier. Lifes much better in the slow lane and I get to let people in that way. Although I'll admit, some just plain can't speed up right like they got to get out and push it. I just wait for them to figure it out.

• Owner

Now out here we really don't have the rat race per say but now couple the weather, road conditions, and a logging truck racing to unload can be a hair raising experience. So like you I'll give him room let him go. I'm even nice enough to flash my light to alert him to get back over. Just about every time I get a flash back saying "Thank You". Out here in Idaho everything is either a 2 lane highway or a single lane dirt road. :whistle: