• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

i changed the 15 psi spring out for the 17 psi spring and it worked great, then i went back and put the 15 psi spring back in and the regulator which is on pump snd there is no pressure but the pump does run when bumped. is there something under the ring that the spring sits on that i could have misaligned?

• Owner
post-2-138698182044_thumb.jpgThis is the assembly of the AirDog 150 fuel pressure regulator...Might mis-seated the ball in the regulator. I've seen where the ball get pinned against the wall and never seals the hole so the pressure is really low. I've found that using a pencil to hold the ball in place of the seat while screwing the fitting back in help keep it from screwing up.
  • Like 1

Well your this far document it... :thumbup2:

i have have taken pics at every stage. you guys always help me out i figure its a chance to help a raptor owner in the future.

--- Update to the previous post...

i have have taken pics at every stage. you guys always help me out i figure its a chance to help a raptor owner in the future.

if i take off the backing plate to pump, should anything pop out?

man...i have no idea.....i will carefully poke around in the ports and see if the ball somehow got jammed in there.... but other than that.... i have no idea... i think i will check my filter canister after that....haha

--- Update to the previous post...

i couldn't find that ball anywhere. not sure if this is right..i reinstalled the same assembly and viewed the output line port, i pressed the plunger which is at the bottom of the reg assembly and it is pretty firm. if there is a ball there it is going to be rock solid. i would think that if there was a ball meant to seat there wouldnt there be a radius of some sort and not just a 90 degree edge. im sure a ball will seal on a sharp edge but the way the plunger perfectly sits on that edge is kinda funny...it seems like it should regulate as is, the pressure should be much less if a ball was meant to be there but it should put out at least 5 psi, right?

post-11059-13869818211_thumb.jpg 1-Outlet Port--------- 2- Regulator assy.---3- Regulator assyCavity---4-Bottom seat-----5- Bottom seat # 2Here are a couple pics. The exterior rim of the Bottom seat presses flat against the machined 90 degree flat. It looks like a ball seats in the bottom seat but let me know what you think.

post-11059-138698182073_thumb.jpg

post-11059-138698182082_thumb.jpg

post-11059-138698182088_thumb.jpg

post-11059-138698182103_thumb.jpg

so i spoke to pureflo tech just now and before i finished my sentance he asked for my shipping address and said they would ship a viton check ball to replace the current seal which is the "bottom end" in my pics. anyone having trouble with pureflo regulators that have a sleeve style regulator, just call them and get a free viton check ball for better sealing/priming.