• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Have been running 2 cyc oil for 6 months. 128:1 ratio. Was wondering if anyone has had any problems that can be related to the use of the 2 cyc oil? Was over on the Dodge Diesel Forum and found some info that was a bit confusing to me. Plan to keep using it and hope for the best.

• Staff

on other forums they're saying things like the newer trucks are designed to run with the ULSD without 2 cycle. That using 2 cycle is a big no no:nono:.But, what I say is that friction between metal parts will never change, no matter how new, so even if I had a new truck I'd sure as heck always put it in the fuel.

• Owner

on other forums they're saying things like the newer trucks are designed to run with the ULSD without 2 cycle. That using 2 cycle is a big no no:nono:. But, what I say is that friction between metal parts will never change, no matter how new, so even if I had a new truck I'd sure as heck always put it in the fuel.

Now the only reason I wouldn't use 2 cycle oil is the DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter)... Because I've not had any testing done on newer 6.7L vehicles. But as for the common rail engines (5.9L) they seem to handle it just fine. So I see no reason why a 6.7L common rail wouldn't be able to run 2 cycle oil except for the DPF... I have no idea if the 2 cycle oil will effect it... :shrug:

Reference my post of 1/11/12 concerning subject oil. My confusion factor came from the following study I found on the Dodge Diesel Forum titled,"Diesel Fuel Lubricity Additives Study Result". There was nothing in the results to suggest that we should not use 2 cyc oil in our 2nd generation trucks. There was a reference that it might be dangerous to run it in 2007 and above. Hope I didn't create any confusion for anyone. I am very satisfied with using 2 cyc oil for the past 6 months without any problems. The only draw back is it costs 10 cents more per gallon to operate my truck. Mohok (Non-Motor Head Old Fart)

The 2007 and above trucks are also the trucks that must use ULSD. Because of that, something other than it like 2 stroke oil is a little weary. The new trucks burn very cleanly and 2 stroke oil, be it meant to be burned or not, will not burn as clean as diesel. This may or may not cause issues in these new trucks. 128 ounces is 1 gallon. If 128 parts of fuel has 1 part 2 stroke (128:1), then 35 gallons would be 35 ounces. Since we don't typically run bone dry, the standard is a quart. A gallon is 4 quarts so 128/4 = 32 ounces. I typically fill up with 32 gallons from E so it is easiest to just measure out a quart and dump it in. A little more or less isn't going to kill it.