• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Rare look at a 20K mile 2nd gen. 2500

I know this probably isn't the best place to post this, but I thought it would be noticed here more than the other conversation areas and it won't be there for long. (2 days) On Ebay a guy is selling a 2002 2500 with all the bells and whistles with 20,000 original miles. It is a truck that looks like the day it was bought and is like stepping back 10 years. I have nothing to do with the truck or the dealer selling it, but thought someone might find it interesting to see a really nice original 2nd gen truck. There are lots of pictures. If I were a rich man this truck would be in West Virginia... I don't know how to link to it but the ebay auction number is 190624375183. Just enter that # in the search box. Okay Big Mike, do I have to stand in the corner for doing this?

Book value is out the window on this ole girl.

I guess it is all in how you look at it. It is 10 years old, however, it is like buying a nearly new truck that one can work on and all of the gremlins have been addressed and cures found.

Anyway you look at it, the truck still needs a lift pump and fuel pressure gauge...

It will be interesting to see what it brings.

Dave, I couldn't figure out why someone would equip a truck with towing and camping packages and no tow mirrors.:cookoo:

Book value is out the window on this ole girl.

Tell that to a banker or a dealer or better yet your insurance adjuster once it gets wrecked.:wink::lol::lmao: If it was 40 years old and eligable for "Pioneer" status then I could see the value in its current shape but not now. Its just another hunk of iron on the road.

I didn't know you could get steering wheel audio buttons. Nevertheless, I can't see paying over 10k for a "truck". To me it's like buying a dirt bike. You didn't buy it for show, you bought it to use it. I know theres guys on here that bought their trucks new, but I believe they did it to get rid of all doubts about what the previous owner did to it, not because they wanted a show truck. I realize it is nice to have a good looking truck, but having to park at the end of parking lots, taking up 4 spots, polishing the wheels 10 times a week, and everything else that goes along with it, just seems like a waste of time with a truck. If I got a corvette, I would be polishing the inside of the exhaust. I polish the exhaust on my dirt bike too, but I know it will only last so long, I do it out of having some spare time and figure why not get all the mud off it. It has scratches all over it and each scratch tells a story. If something rips completely off, then I will replace it, knowing it will be scratched. There is a kid that rides with me that does think of his bike as a show bike, it's pathetic, won't get anywhere near a tree or mud or anything. When he wrecks, he could care less about the bike landing on him and bruising him really good, he was going nuts over the small dent in the exhaust. Same with a truck, if it snows, lock it in 4wd, slide off into the ditch, drive back out and never look back. Just don't do it to the point that it rolls over in the ditch lol. Oh and people might be buying that truck as to have a 2nd gen with no doubts of what the owner did because it has only 20k miles. Well it has a ball in the bed and an automatic tranny...who knows what he did with it in the desert heat of las vegas at 90mph with 20k lbs in tow. I wouldn't buy it, I wouldn't even buy a 12 valve if it was over $15k. I love modding it and there is no way I would want the stock look under the hood, I think its horrendous.

• Owner

I remember long ago (10 year ago) when I went to purchase my beast. They rolled the truck into the show room floor and showed it off to me. The interior, exterior, dealer options, etc. I never forget how freaked out I was about driving it home. Beautiful truck and I bought my first truck. I was a proud owner of a Dodge Cummins. Well I got to admit now she is a bit rough around the edges and got little dents, dings and scratches etc. I'm more comfortable with my "Used" truck than a new truck. I'm not in the mode of going the long haul...Now I will admit that is a beautiful truck and well traking careful in storage but still even with next to zero miles it not worth dealer price any longer. The other problem is all the rubber on the engine is degrading as it sits so it will start leaking oils and lubes shortly. Just a fact of nature. :rolleyes:

• Staff

I remember long ago (10 year ago) when I went to purchase my beast. They rolled the truck into the show room floor and showed it off to me. The interior, exterior, dealer options, etc. I never forget how freaked out I was about driving it home. Beautiful truck and I bought my first truck. I was a proud owner of a Dodge Cummins. Well I got to admit now she is a bit rough around the edges and got little dents, dings and scratches etc. I'm more comfortable with my "Used" truck than a new truck. I'm not in the mode of going the long haul... Now I will admit that is a beautiful truck and well traking careful in storage but still even with next to zero miles it not worth dealer price any longer. The other problem is all the rubber on the engine is degrading as it sits so it will start leaking oils and lubes shortly. Just a fact of nature. :rolleyes:

So does that mean my 92 ctd hoses will last another 355,000 miles since I drive everyday? Never though about hoses, but they still squeeze pretty good:whistle:

I have to admit its very nice. Its interesting to see what some trucks interior differences are too. Like the front cup holder. I never knew that was an option, but maybe its only available on the auto's since the manual shifter would be in the way. And there's no cubbyhole with heated seat buttons. I'd like to know the real story behind the ultra low mileage too since being in Las Vegas, it must have spent its entire life indoors otherwise it should look like a 100 year old lady in a bikini on the beach.

I think it was a California truck. If I read right, the window sticker said something about the California emmisions system being free of charge. Somehow the words, "Free of charge" and "California" don't go together.

I paid about 27K for mine. That included the rolled over loan from a Dakota I had. Back then I figured it was worth it being a diesel, it would outlast any gas truck I had so I would be aheaf in the long run. So far so good!I perfer no tow mirrors. Mine have the little mirrors and I am grateful too. Why? Mine were power and heated. I got a set a 3rd gen power tow mirrors, a set of 2nd gen tow mirrors the wife bough me, and make my powered/heated 2nd gen tow mirrors. So I perfer the smaller mirrors ONLY if they are already power/heated That way the switch and wiring is already there. Well at least the switch it. :smart:I still park in 2 spots in the back of where ever I go. She has ding and dents but I try hard to prevent anymore. Guys at work give me crap cause I park on the end away from everyone else.

That $26K would be like paying $31,967.00 today figuring in the cost of inflation. That said, I would like to find a 2011 with 18K miles for $32K. I think you got a pretty good deal back then.

--- Update to the previous post...

Final bid;

$28,100.00

Holy smoke! Beauty is in the eye of the buyer.

Maybe.....maybe not. Sure the new trucks are "new" and smell nice, and "new" always makes us feel warm and fuzzy inside. "New" must do something to us psychologically otherwise there has to be some logical reason why people buy all those horribly ugly vehicles from dealers. But think of it this way, how many of us would rather pay $28k for a truck that's basically brand new for $10k-$15 less than sticker..... is infinitely modifiable with tons of available tried and true aftermarket products..... has an impressive reliability reputation where any potential issues are already known..... and better yet with today's fuel costs, a truck that gets unheard of fuel mileage when compared to all other HD trucks .....OR..... would you rather have a "new" truck that gets half the fuel mileage..... is forever under the thumb of socialized environmentalism propaganda emissions that will only get worse..... and costs you about $20k more to drive away plus higher insurance? Hmmm..... Honestly, I think I may have to step back and think about what decision I'd choose. :)