• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

my raptor fuel pump stopped putting pressure out about 3weeks ago. the motor runs fine but no fuel pressure is read from mechanical and electrical gauge. checked voltage and it is good at 8.5 volts without starting it. the motor turns and there is no suction on inlet. so i told airdog about it and they shipped me a new one. i just installed it, and there is no suction. it will not prime. 2 spinning pumps, so what the heck am i doing wrong?

Cant say why it would have just stopped working.....but.....you're positive that you have fuel in the tank? Running out of fuel and not knowing it is more common than not. And the new pump wouldn't be spinning backwards either since its not the pump wires which are known to be reversed but the connector on the wire loom going to the pump. So if the old pump spun in the correct direction then the new pump will to.

I dont know if there's a "proper" method to prime and really if the pump is working and there is no air leaks in the lines from the tank to the pump then it should self prime. The only possible connector I can think of is the quick connect fitting on top of the fuel tank module. Pureflow will give you this connector to tie into the OEM fuel module but if the module side is damaged upon disconnecting the lines or if the o-ring in the connector is damaged then you will never be able to prime the system since the pump will be sucking air. But if you have a solid sure way to test with other fittings and a hose to a bucket of fuel then I'm not sure what to tell you.

it plugs into the factory harness, but i can rewire it with my new relay harness. i promise it has been functioning for about 6 months..i havent had my truck for 3 weeks, and have taken the pump out and reinstalled it 4 times. give me an idea and i will try it...

--- Update to the previous post...

i just want to make sure i understand this correctly....this gerotor style pump needs fluid to produce vaccuum on inlet and subsequent pressure on outlet. it should not produce vaccuum wheanythingn it is not hooked up to anything.

My thought is a loose connection / failed connector on the top of the tank. Alternatively, the pickup could have come apart. Can you blow air back into the tank (proving not obstructed but not necessarily eliminating a air leak from connection.

i just finished proving that both of my raptor pumps needs more than 8.4 volts to prime itself on my truck. i will not use the factory harness for powering the raptor lift pumps. i wired my harness in and ran 12 volts to it and the fuel came out like it should....it is activated through an acc circuit i am not using and powered through the positive terminal in pdc.

Raptor pump should have its own relay and power supply triggered by the ECM... Raptor should never be wired directly to the ECM... :nono:

i wish pureflo would change the wiring setup for the factory mount 100 gph pump....i am pretty sure its the only pump they offer that plugs into stock harness from ecm.... i will talk to jason the vp and engineer at pureflo, and see if there is anything he can do to change that setup....maybe they will save money giving out warranty pumps.

• Owner

i wish pureflo would change the wiring setup for the factory mount 100 gph pump....i am pretty sure its the only pump they offer that plugs into stock harness from ecm.... i will talk to jason the vp and engineer at pureflo, and see if there is anything he can do to change that setup....maybe they will save money giving out warranty pumps.

Ugh... :banghead: I've never been in favor of directly hooking any pump to the ECM that means of the pump motor is damaged and drawing heavy amps then the ECM takes the hit directly which might of already happened. So if it was me I would give Vulcan Performance a call and talk to Eric and see if he can set you up with a wiring kit that has a relay to it. I'm not sure if such thing exist but its got to be better than direct hooking pumps to the ECM. At least this way the ECM protected from heavy amp draw...

I'm not sure what you mean because I purchased my Raptor directly from Pureflow a couple years ago and the wiring harness they sent me was exactly as Mike stated. The ECM only tells the Raptor when to pump but the Raptor gets its power directly from a 12v source. Why would yours be any different?