• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Thank You Message From Another Member

• Owner

I had to share this with the rest of you... It a PM sent to me from another member... I'm keeping him anonymous for the time being but had to share the message...

I am currently working in Afghanistan and a month ago we encountered a problem with one of our up armored M-ATV vehicles. The unit was having a major power problem with a dead pedal issue, bucking in 5th and 6th gear , improper shifting and poor acceleration . I checked the apps sensor and found it not reaching 100% at full throttle. After consulting the manual on this cat C-7 engine I found they dont have an adjustment and recommend replacement of the sensor.A new sensor was 6 months away.I recalled a article you posted on how to reset a apps sensor and tried it . It worked great!!! We were able to get the soldiers back on the road within 30 minutes and in a safe vehicle. I would just like to say thank you!!I will be home in 3 months and I will bring you an American flag that was flown over our Camp Spann. Please send me your address and I will be glad to get it going your way . Its nice to get great info that may have saved Americans lives. God Bless...

• Like 1

• Owner

More... Reply made...

Mopar1973man Feel free to post my message to you . I came across your forum by accident and have spent many a hour going over troubleshooting ideas and data. You never know where or how information that you pass along might actually help someone. In this case the soldiers were going to have to leave a armored vehicle for 6 months waiting for a sensor and would have had to go on patrol in a Humvee which has no under armor and can be deadly if hit by an IED .I would like to thank all the members that post and assist others as you never know just how it may affect another s life down the road.Its going to be my pleasure to join this group. Thanks ......fldmech1

It's nice that our efforts can be found by those who deserve it most. Mike has been doing a lot of research on search engine stuff and has been getting our information where it needs to go. It is 10x easier to find something from here on google than from any other site. It really is incredible that this site can help them over there, I had no idea they ran stuff like what's in our trucks.

• Owner

That I have... I get up in the morning with my cup of coffee and check over the forum at some point I wonder over to Google Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics and check over the site performance with Google. Then I'll flip over to Bing Webmaster Tools and check the site over there... So I'm doing what I can to get the information to show up on the first page and much as possible. Not allows but still trying... Its wonderful to find people of all walks of life and all over the world wanting good information on repair vehicles and some are finding the site and using the information we've provided as a group. :thumbup2:

• Owner

I might of had the dream of building a web site... But I got to admit it isn't me (Mopar1973Man) that makes this site so great its all you guys and gals (the members) that make it great. It's you as a member that brings the information and knownledge back to the site to share with other members. I might be the guys behind the scenes keeping the software and server rolling the best I can... But its you guys and gals that make this site what its...So take a bow all of you because you deserve it... :thanks:

the one big thing that really stands out for me is when someone posts a much needed question (cause they dont have time to BS and need to get something fixed) they dont get flamed for a newbish question or not following certain rediculous forum rules like pirate4x4.you post and its genuine, informative and not rude, people step up and help solve the problem. no EGO's here to prove!

• Like 2

• Owner

That's why I'm not promoting racing performance... :nono: I found that all vehicle forums tend to lead off into performance, racing, quarter mile, dyno queens, etc... But how about a forum for the "Common Joe"? That where I designed this site around was common people with stock or nearly stock trucks that need answers to common everyday problems. Of course the answers on either forum is the same but the price is different. Like on performance site they tend to promote next level power where over here I promote Do-it-yourself fixes. Still in either case the truck gets fixed but the total cash output is greatly different. This not to knock the many vendors or others here on the site but to give the "Common Folks" a place to come and learn without being "flamed" for asking simple questions. Let me quote ISX...

It isn't the kid that ticks me off, it's everyone else. People in his town have diesels that probably smoke and he wants his to smoke a little as well to be cool. His probably doesn't smoke at all. After typing in cummins smoke he probably read about a smoke switch. He doesn't find anything in typical cumminsforum fashion. He makes a post and gets flamed for it. Unreal. All the posts over there are crap and you have to read 20 threads (all saying to search of course, keeping you at your searching to find the original thread that you were searching for) to get to the one you want. Most of those questions I know the answer to instantly and in the time it takes thttp://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/26-engine-systems/51-high-idle-mod hose guys to flame him, they coulda wrote a logical answer since it is obviouslyyyyyyy an obsolete question. I will never flame anyone for asking a question. ALL of us were that kid at one time or another, and although our desires in our trucks and questions might have been different the scenario was the same. Most of us are lucky to not get flamed but some of us get flamed for BS as well. I find it extreeeeeemely dumb that a forum with 99% of people's trucks smoking to high heaven, shoot down people who ask how to get to the same point.

I would rather try to educate these young pups or other folks to better ways of getting good HP/TQ power for daily driving that isn't going to blow the head gasket or melt a piston by next weekend. This what I'm trying to get away from... So since we started this family of members I've heard back from other members here that tell me tales about call others on the phone and having a nice long pow-wow chat with each other or just help other fix their trucks. This a good! This is the kind of family atomsphere I'm trying to build with all of you.

That's why I'm not promoting racing performance... :nono: I found that all vehicle forums tend to lead off into performance, racing, quarter mile, dyno queens, etc... But how about a forum for the "Common Joe"? That where I designed this site around was common people with stock or nearly stock trucks that need answers to common everyday problems. Of course the answers on either forum is the same but the price is different. Like on performance site they tend to promote next level power where over here I promote Do-it-yourself fixes. Still in either case the truck gets fixed but the total cash output is greatly different. This not to knock the many vendors or others here on the site but to give the "Common Folks" a place to come and learn without being "flamed" for asking simple questions. Let me quote ISX... I would rather try to educate these young pups or other folks to better ways of getting good HP/TQ power for daily driving that isn't going to blow the head gasket or melt a piston by next weekend. This what I'm trying to get away from... So since we started this family of members I've heard back from other members here that tell me tales about call others on the phone and having a nice long pow-wow chat with each other or just help other fix their trucks. This a good! This is the kind of family atomsphere I'm trying to build with all of you.

Let me see here....O.K. i like this site best of all the ones i go to. It is the most friendly by far. I am sorry i disagree with the racing part. Some guys like myself can controll themselves when the hp level or 1/4 mile is talked about. I have a fast truck. I built it myself(put it together) I would love to share the stuff i learned about going fast. I dont know a bunch, but what i know i would share. Mostly, please understand i have no problem at all with this site. No complant what so ever. Mike, your the boss. If you think it would be a bad idea i respect that 100%. It is cool this place helped them hard working guys/gals overseas.

Let me see here....O.K. i like this site best of all the ones i go to. It is the most friendly by far. I am sorry i disagree with the racing part. Some guys like myself can controll themselves when the hp level or 1/4 mile is talked about. I have a fast truck. I built it myself(put it together) I would love to share the stuff i learned about going fast. I dont know a bunch, but what i know i would share. Mostly, please understand i have no problem at all with this site. No complant what so ever. Mike, your the boss. If you think it would be a bad idea i respect that 100%. It is cool this place helped them hard working guys/gals overseas.

In the beginning, Mike created the site with the goal to find solutions to common problems that may arise for people who have stockish power levels. When people want to race, they want a ton of power. With a ton of power comes a new level of problems. Unless you have a truck with that much power, you can only reiterate what could go wrong from people who have trucks with that much power. Mike and I and many others do not have the money it takes or want to spend it on such a think as breaking 900TQ reliably. There is also the fact that 800-900TQ is plenty. Because of this lack of experience, we don't have much to offer the performance/racing crowd. You might notice a lot of posts on the subject are not answered by Mike or myself. It is a different realm of questions that we simply do not have the answer to. Those who race such as yourself would be the only ones who could answer such questions. Most of the people here are those who just tow things and drive around without racing or anything like that, we cater to them because we have the same truck with potentially the same problems. A truck with 2000TQ is going to have entirely different issues. If I go to cumminsforum, half the problems I see are not something that happens on a stock truck. You don't just blow turbos up by going to walmart.. Now, a high performance racing section would be fine and it in itself is not what we are against. It's simply the fact that we have nothing to offer them. You have your wisdom to offer, but most of us do not. I would say only 10% of the members here actually race or have over 1000TQ.
  • Like 1

It's incredible how small the world can be in the day of the internet and great to read that story!

I might of had the dream of building a web site... But I got to admit it isn't me (Mopar1973Man) that makes this site so great its all you guys and gals (the members) that make it great. It's you as a member that brings the information and knownledge back to the site to share with other members. I might be the guys behind the scenes keeping the software and server rolling the best I can... But its you guys and gals that make this site what its... So take a bow all of you because you deserve it... :thanks:

It takes "both" :thumb1:. I find myself on this site more and more for all the reasons previously mentioned.

In the beginning, Mike created the site with the goal to find solutions to common problems that may arise for people who have stockish power levels. When people want to race, they want a ton of power. With a ton of power comes a new level of problems. Unless you have a truck with that much power, you can only reiterate what could go wrong from people who have trucks with that much power. Mike and I and many others do not have the money it takes or want to spend it on such a think as breaking 900TQ reliably. There is also the fact that 800-900TQ is plenty. Because of this lack of experience, we don't have much to offer the performance/racing crowd. You might notice a lot of posts on the subject are not answered by Mike or myself. It is a different realm of questions that we simply do not have the answer to. Those who race such as yourself would be the only ones who could answer such questions. Most of the people here are those who just tow things and drive around without racing or anything like that, we cater to them because we have the same truck with potentially the same problems. A truck with 2000TQ is going to have entirely different issues. If I go to cumminsforum, half the problems I see are not something that happens on a stock truck. You don't just blow turbos up by going to walmart.. Now, a high performance racing section would be fine and it in itself is not what we are against. It's simply the fact that we have nothing to offer them. You have your wisdom to offer, but most of us do not. I would say only 10% of the members here actually race or have over 1000TQ.

I understand. I am here because i still have most of the problems others have. I have learned a bunch here,this place is perfect for me. I use my truck just like everyone else for the most part. On a side note, My mother has a flag that was in flown overseas. My nephew served in iraq. It is so nice that this site helped. I like to think of this place as family.

Thats is why I like this site. Im new to this stuff and older, dont need all the other stuff you guy are sraight up. For guys like me. Thanks And a Big Thanks to all the military men and women