• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Vanaaken chip

I have an '01 with a vanaaken chip on it, was on truck when I bought it in '05. It has a Fass DDRP lift pump(second one in three years)that is a year old. Just put new ball and spring in pump.Has always had good pressure until recently. My question is does anyone know if this chip has had problems like developing a glitch that could cause problems with lift pump? CPC CAN-bus pump controller part#CPC isb215-235 ser#16050 card#D-500 are off of the box Can't find anything on them or about them,ant help would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have a gauge for the fuel pressure ? If yes what was it before the ball/spring change?I did a ball/spring change on my fass with no problems. I would check again, my 2nd ball had a funky burr around it so i shaved it berore the install.I never ran that chip/box/programmer thing you have, sorry. maybe the pump is going bad i am on m y 2nd pump. it was real loud when it was on. fass has an upgrade for the old pumps. give them a call with the pump #'ers.

• Like 1

I have fuel,boost and egt. guages. Fuel pressure before change 16# at idle 12-12.5# wot after 14# at idle 10-11 at wot. I called FASS and told them my problem and they sent me new ball and spring. Under load it would drop to about 6# for about 15-20 sec. and then jump to 30# until you let out or coasted down hill then would go back to normal. i explained this to them and this was their fix.

I did the rebuild parts fass sent me. I told them to give me a better spring it was the same fp. I yanked on it and tested it, yanked some more until i was happy. If you have the old one try it or pull on one of them. If you have two of them you cant go wrong. Before i pulled on the spring i set it up next to the weak pressure spring. Then i made it just a taste bigger.