• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Sign in to follow this  
dripley

Need to buy a OBII scanner tonight

The wifes truck is acting up and the cel is tripped. I have been putting off buying one for a while so nows the time. Money is a little tight so I am trying to stay below $150. These are to i looked up and am considering. http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/EQU1/3040.oap?ck=Search_N0664_-1_1636&pt=N0664&ppt=C0103 http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Actron-OBD-II-Autoscanner-plus-tool-for-1996-and-newer-vehicles-bilingual/_/N-25iq?itemIdentifier=897608&_requestid=39561 I am open to ideas.

This is the one that I have:post-18-138698182683_thumb.jpgYou can find them for just over $100 if you catch them on sale.

Thanks guys, I was looking for one I could buy tonight. I had forgotten the prices on the scan gauge and the ultra gauge. Scan gauge is not that much more. Ultra gauge is almost to cheap to believe. I have decided to hopefully rent on from the auto part store. That is not going well right now. Will try again tomorrow. How does the ultra compare to the scan gaugeII, if anyone knows?

Well I chickened out and did not buy one. Just went to Auto Zone and let them read it. Camshaft sensor was bad. It was a little bit of a pain, but i just kept thinking at least it was in a much better place than mine. Still going to buy a scanner, maybe I will luck and find one on sale. Thanks.

If you get a rewards card from AutoZone, you get $20 for every $100 you spend, so after a while you might get a discount on your scanner.

Mike, I know this does not fall into the budget catagory, but does your Edge comp perform all the OBD II functions along with its other trick features?

If you get a rewards card from AutoZone, you get $20 for every $100 you spend, so after a while you might get a discount on your scanner.

Had one but the points kept expiring on me. I am not that loyal to any one parts place.

Google obd2 blue tooth devices and the "torque" android app. Got one for Christmas, works great. Helluva lot cheaper than a scan tool.sent from my Commando while eating, shaving and driving.

That is pretty cool, only I dont posess a smart phone. I posess a dumb phone and it is still smarter than I am.:lmao2:

Might take you up on that. let me think about it for a little while. Really appreciate the offer.