• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Need to buy a OBII scanner tonight

The wifes truck is acting up and the cel is tripped. I have been putting off buying one for a while so nows the time. Money is a little tight so I am trying to stay below $150. These are to i looked up and am considering. http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/EQU1/3040.oap?ck=Search_N0664_-1_1636&pt=N0664&ppt=C0103 http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Actron-OBD-II-Autoscanner-plus-tool-for-1996-and-newer-vehicles-bilingual/_/N-25iq?itemIdentifier=897608&_requestid=39561 I am open to ideas.

• Owner

Thanks guys, I was looking for one I could buy tonight. I had forgotten the prices on the scan gauge and the ultra gauge. Scan gauge is not that much more. Ultra gauge is almost to cheap to believe. I have decided to hopefully rent on from the auto part store. That is not going well right now. Will try again tomorrow. How does the ultra compare to the scan gaugeII, if anyone knows?

Well I chickened out and did not buy one. Just went to Auto Zone and let them read it. Camshaft sensor was bad. It was a little bit of a pain, but i just kept thinking at least it was in a much better place than mine. Still going to buy a scanner, maybe I will luck and find one on sale. Thanks.

Mike, I know this does not fall into the budget catagory, but does your Edge comp perform all the OBD II functions along with its other trick features?