• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Tranny overheat issue

Good morning folks...I have a 2001 with automatic tranny. It has (so I'm told) a DTT rebuild but the torque converter is just rebuilt stock converter.Truck runs perfectly fine until I put the plow on the front of the truck. First time it blew the tranny cooler line (again so I was told). We just got some plow-able snow. I did my driveway in am...no problem...drove 30 miles and parked it...4 hours later, drove 15 miles and started to do another driveway. Temps were not an issue when I started. On second swipe of driveway, trans temp shot up to 175...light came on dash...and O/D OFF light came on. I let it cool by running it in neutral. Tried to drive home and had to keep letting it cool. Can smell burnt tranny fluid but levels are fine.Called guy I bought it from to find out this happened to him as well, but he thought the shop fixed it.Any ideas...plows no good if I can't use it. Very frustrated...I have spent so much on the truck recently that I just don't have funds for much right now.Thanks for reading folks! Hope all are staying warm!

• Owner

I think you got a typo...

On second swipe of driveway, trans temp shot up to 175...light came on dash...and O/D OFF light came on. I let it cool by running it in neutral. Tried to drive home and had to keep letting it cool. Can smell burnt tranny fluid but levels are fine.

275*F would for sure set the Trans Temp light. The factory service manual states the trans temp light will come on after 265*F...

So since the fluid has been scorched I would get that changed out a few times...