• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Sign in to follow this  
Pondsy

Tranny overheat issue

Good morning folks...I have a 2001 with automatic tranny. It has (so I'm told) a DTT rebuild but the torque converter is just rebuilt stock converter.Truck runs perfectly fine until I put the plow on the front of the truck. First time it blew the tranny cooler line (again so I was told). We just got some plow-able snow. I did my driveway in am...no problem...drove 30 miles and parked it...4 hours later, drove 15 miles and started to do another driveway. Temps were not an issue when I started. On second swipe of driveway, trans temp shot up to 175...light came on dash...and O/D OFF light came on. I let it cool by running it in neutral. Tried to drive home and had to keep letting it cool. Can smell burnt tranny fluid but levels are fine.Called guy I bought it from to find out this happened to him as well, but he thought the shop fixed it.Any ideas...plows no good if I can't use it. Very frustrated...I have spent so much on the truck recently that I just don't have funds for much right now.Thanks for reading folks! Hope all are staying warm!

I think you got a typo...

On second swipe of driveway, trans temp shot up to 175...light came on dash...and O/D OFF light came on. I let it cool by running it in neutral. Tried to drive home and had to keep letting it cool. Can smell burnt tranny fluid but levels are fine.

275*F would for sure set the Trans Temp light. The factory service manual states the trans temp light will come on after 265*F...

So since the fluid has been scorched I would get that changed out a few times...