• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Where to buy seat cushions for front seats?

Yes the material is available. He says it will match. He said he would have to order a yard of it and then the gray for the sides. If you need some I can see if he would be willing to get some extra in for you.

Can you give me the phone number of this guy or the information I need to order myself some of this fabric. I need to get my drivers seat redone because it is worn badly and have not been successful at tracking the grey fabric for the 98.5-02's anywhere. thanks !!

I would be glad to give you the information but, maybe I should get mine done first to be sure that the match is right before you commit to buying sight unseen.Moore's Upholstery Shop (Bill Moore; owner)307 Mechanic Street Cumberland Md. 21502 301-777-9797

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I have got the same issue. I swapped the seat cushions so I could have the good one on my side. They will swap, but you can see it is not an exact fit. Plus they used a cheaper material on the side that now faces out and I dont think it will hold up for very long. I am going to try an upholsterer, they should be able to repair the foam and recover them. Have not got a clue as to what it would cost.

Just had mine done ..... the original ChryCo fabric apparently is not available anymore. Cost was $150.- for the drivers side. Upholsterer used a darker panel on both sides of the seat, and a very firm foam. It blends in well and doesn't kill my old back anymore. Good luck ..... Greg

I had my drivers seat recovered back in January. The upholsterer just sold the last bit of orignial material for the Dodge seats that he had. (isn't that the way it always goes?) He said that the manufacturer went out of business and there was no more available. He was able to order a material for me that was so close that you had to look really hard to see the difference. The little red spots on the original material was a pinkish color instead. I did the drivers seat and the material part of the door panel and left the passenger side stock. No one could really tell the difference.

• 4 months later...

Do you have the info for your upholstery man in Denver? We have the same rip in our front seat... and I would love to get a quote on a new seat...

There is a guy in Denver who does classic car upholstery mostly, but has done several dodge seats for my uncle. Message me if you'd like to know his name, he does very nice work and is extremely reasonable. He did some stuff on both my broncos and I was always really pleased. Sometimes takes his time a little but for the price and the work he does I've never minded.

I have been calling around to the salvage places to pull seats out of trucks and surprise surprise... these trucks are one of the most popular, the gentleman on the other side of the phone just about started laughing when I asked if they ever saw these seats in leather (which I thought maybe a nice upgrade if we were replacing the seat anyway)... I was also informed that many of the seats they do see are ripped along the edge seam... UGH... Honestly I am considering reupholstering them myself, but we have so many other things to do it would be nice to know what it would cost for someone else to do. I have yet to find a decent seat cover that accommodates the seatbelt let alone fits the seat well... Has anyone come across one worth spending money one? I wouldn't mind spending a little more on one if it fit well and wasn't made out of cheap icky material... Thank you!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do you have the info for your upholstery man in Denver? We have the same rip in our front seat... and I would love to get a quote on a new seat... I have been calling around to the salvage places to pull seats out of trucks and surprise surprise... these trucks are one of the most popular, the gentleman on the other side of the phone just about started laughing when I asked if they ever saw these seats in leather (which I thought maybe a nice upgrade if we were replacing the seat anyway)... I was also informed that many of the seats they do see are ripped along the edge seam... UGH... Honestly I am considering reupholstering them myself, but we have so many other things to do it would be nice to know what it would cost for someone else to do. I have yet to find a decent seat cover that accommodates the seatbelt let alone fits the seat well... Has anyone come across one worth spending money one? I wouldn't mind spending a little more on one if it fit well and wasn't made out of cheap icky material... Thank you!!

I brought a set of these 10 years ago and they are just now at a point they could be replaced, more ground in dirt then worn out. I've washed them 3-4 times, and the rear one is like new. http://www.wetokole.com/DODGERAMF.html Color match and fit are EXCELLENT and they make the seat much more comfortable because they are so thick (3mm). They aren't cheap, but in my opinion they are the only seat covers worth installing. When I peel them off for cleaning the factory seat covers look brand new. Unfortunately they don't stop the foam from wearing out. Hope this helps