• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

Sign in to follow this  
Movinstuff

Power Steering

Hello, I am new to the forum. I have a 1993 Dodge W350. The power steering stopped working with out any indication that the there was a problem before the failure. One night it worked flawlessly and the next morning nothing. The fluid is fine and no leaks are visible. I have been unable to find a diagram of the power steering system so I do not understand how this power steering system works with out some disassembly. It is not belt driven but appears to have an internal belt, gear or chain drive system which is all covered up by a thin sheet metal cover which looks like to remove it will take more than just taking out the retaining bolts. Any help would be great. Thanks

Well to the family... :thumbup2:As for the power steering its gear driven off the cam gear. But in-between the power steering and the gear is a vacuum pump. What you might do is pull the entire assembly (vacuum pump and power sterring pump) so you can inspect the shaft and be sure nothing is broken in the vacuum pump since it couples the power steering pump to the gear. I would like to ask is the power steering fluid dark or black colored?

was fine then nothing. have replaced the pump, box and lines works great with the wheels of the gound...lol is there a shear point in the drive somewhere?