• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Power Steering

Movinstuff

Hello, I am new to the forum. I have a 1993 Dodge W350. The power steering stopped working with out any indication that the there was a problem before the failure. One night it worked flawlessly and the next morning nothing. The fluid is fine and no leaks are visible. I have been unable to find a diagram of the power steering system so I do not understand how this power steering system works with out some disassembly. It is not belt driven but appears to have an internal belt, gear or chain drive system which is all covered up by a thin sheet metal cover which looks like to remove it will take more than just taking out the retaining bolts. Any help would be great. Thanks

• Owner

Well to the family... :thumbup2:As for the power steering its gear driven off the cam gear. But in-between the power steering and the gear is a vacuum pump. What you might do is pull the entire assembly (vacuum pump and power sterring pump) so you can inspect the shaft and be sure nothing is broken in the vacuum pump since it couples the power steering pump to the gear. I would like to ask is the power steering fluid dark or black colored?

• 2 weeks later...