• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New truck and don't know about a previous mod

teamroper55

Hey y'all. I just bought my first diesel and the previous owner was an aftermarket parts dealer. I only had a short time to talk to him on the phone at the dealer and I am now trying to figure out everything he had added. It previously had a smarty chip but it is out now. What I know so far is in the signature. It is also an auto. There are a few things I don't know the purpose of. First is a foot switch on the floor under the e-brake and when in drive, I can't tell a difference when engaged, but when I stop with it engaged it lunges forward and kills the pickup. Does this sound like anything you guys have added before? Second on the engine, the top is not stock. It has the oil fill sticking straight up. I'm sure I will find more things about the truck after exploring more but these were a few questions.Thanks

First is a foot switch on the floor under the e-brake and when in drive, I can't tell a difference when engaged, but when I stop with it engaged it lunges forward and kills the pickup. Does this sound like anything you guys have added before? Second on the engine, the top is not stock. It has the oil fill sticking straight up. I'm sure I will find more things about the truck after exploring more but these were a few questions. Thanks

foot switch sounds like a Torque Converter lockup switch. with the results of what happens parked and what it does this sounds like the case. check for aftermarket lift pump, if it doesnt have one get one! get gauges! fuel pressure, pyro, oil, etc etc (life savers!) welcome to the forum! search around and you will find a ton of info, but we are more than happy to answer direct! (wont get flamed like pirate)
  • Like 3

Thanks, I have a set of gauges on already: pyro, turbo, and tranny temp. What is the main use of the converter lockup? I will be doing a lot of hauling with a horse trailer. Also I'm guessing there is a lift pump already based off everything else he as done. Would a fuel pressure gauge be bennificial if hauling a long ways?

I am not sure how tempermental the CP3 is to fuel pressure, I am a VP man and it is very depedant upon lift pump presure to live along life. I am sure other CP3 folks will chime in on that one though. The tc lock up switch is another thing a 6 sped man cant help with. my clutch is my lock up.