• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

OBD III: The Motor Law Realized

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

You know that “check engine” light on your dashboard? What if instead of just telling you that the car’s computer has detected some fault with the emissions control system, it told the government – via roadside readers and satellite uplinks?

http://epautos.com/2012/01/30/obd-iii-the-motor-law-realized/

I'm glad I'm keeping my 02. :thumbup2:

Come on Mike, Orwell wrote a book years ago and they made a movie on it.

You forgot the best seller called "1984" ?

I'm suppressed they took this long to get to this point !

You trips to the bathroom will be regulated by no later than next year to a) conserve water, b) regulate your weight and c) regulate your health care needs for cost effectiveness.

Expect an OBD 5 installed on you soon. (just bend over for proper installation)

(Regulatory Fees and Fines will be determined at a later date per Senate Committee recommendations.)

That is more than a little disturbing. I have been a little reading recently about a supreme court ruling on the placement of gps on supected lawbreakers with out a warrant and the supreme court ruled it was unconstitutional to do such without a warrant It would seem to me that this would fall under the same catagory, but just a quick look came up with this http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-supreme-courts-gps-ruling-did-not-extend-far-enough/2012/01/24/gIQAYgEQRQ_story.html.

• Staff

I do not like any of this either. Just talk of it gets my blood boiling. Did you catch that sentence that calls all old car and truck owners who seemingly can keep the old ones on the road forever, ''A social''. :mad:

Back in 2000 I lived in California when they wanted to tax the citizens the mileage they drive each year. They were trying to figure how to track this so you couldn't lie and they can verify. I wonder if this is possibly considered / implemented by the Feds ? I can figure a possible one or two reasons the manufactures might like something like this, but they tend to do things like this only when they are ordered to by the government. And this can open many avenues.

The adaptation of ON-STAR and a-like was proven to be beneficial to consumers for emergencies. BUT I think the government is using it for there tax calculations and UN-knowable spying ?Thinking of this makes me wanting to burn more gas - fuel with an older truck that doesn't have computers or black boxes!