• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

leveling kit questions

ok guys i have a 2000 dodge cummins 4x4 and i hate rake to the frunt and am thinking if installing 2in leveling spacers on the frunt but some thing ive read say you just about have to unhook everthing on the frunt axel to get the clearence to get the spacers in is this true?:shrug: i live at an apartment and disassembling somuch there is a nono:banghead: and paying to have it done is out of the books:broke:any input would be greatly appreciated:thumb1: also i was wondering if a set of new modle 17in in wheels will fit my truck?:shrug: thanks in advance guys:thumbup2:

when i did my spacers, i jacked the truck up and set stands under the frame letting the axle droop then i unhooked the shock tower and removed the shock. i think i unhooked the brake line holders (not sure) basically you removed spring, keeping the driver side on the driver side (dont swap springs) bolt the spacer in, then insert spring and have someone bounce on the axle end to get that little space needed to insert the spring. once in bolt the shock back up and the tower. takes about an hour each side or less. got to remove the tires of course.hope this helps

You should be able to do it with just dropping the sway bars, unhooking the track bar and pulling the shocks. I lived in an apartment complex once that had these same rules but I changes my power steering gearbox, blead my brakes and put new pads/rotors on the front. It was in Phoenix Az and the one time it did rain my parking spot looked like an oil spill.:lmao2:

The wheels will fit fine.:thumbup2:

Posted Image

These 305/70/17 only rub at lock on the upper control arms. I dont have a leveling kit and my front ends sets lower than stock with the bumper/winch. I would like to add a leveling kit soon but dont want it nose high. Would really like new springs but I have only seen 2 1/2". Might try some 285/75/17's, they should be the same height as mine but just one inch narrower than might so about 34x11.50x17.:thumbup2:

thanks tires aint cheap so cant be playin around with them this will help me alot :thankyou:

--- Update to the previous post...

ok i just read somethin on line and it said if i do the leveling kit i would need a adjustale track bar or my frunt end would be 3/4 in off center ony info on this from u guys?

thanks tires aint cheap so cant be playin around with them this will help me alot :thankyou:

--- Update to the previous post...

ok i just read somethin on line and it said if i do the leveling kit i would need a adjustale track bar or my frunt end would be 3/4 in off center ony info on this from u guys?

I have not noticed any issues with this, i will eventually get a adjustable trackbar. ive been running with my level kit on for 2 years now no issues.

and yes 12.5 size wide tires are the max you want to go. I have 1/4" spacers all around and i still barely rub at full lock. anything more than 1/4" and you will wear your hubs out faster.

this is why im going with 36x10.5. i should only rub the same amount with the spacers in.

ok and youve had 0 probs with the truck not driving straight

once i replace the worn steering box that was worn from 170,000 miles of wear (slop when i got it) and a ton of hard offroading, and put the brace on it it will have zero problems driving straight. the steering box was not worn due to the leveling kit or one ton steering. In fact replacing the stock worn steering linkage and replacing the trakbar has moved all the slop to the steering box.