• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Upgrade Failure...

• Owner

Sorry gang I didn't make it to the next version of software. The server load got too excessive and the response time was too long so the update program kept stopping because of lack of response from the server. So I restored the backup copies and went back to the known good system.I'll have to try again later on... Sorry for the down time...

How many folders get updated? When I do upgrades (version to version) I usually do it as follows (again, this is not knowing how your site's structure is laid out.) say, current web data is stored as follows: /home/webadmin/www/vBversion/current/4.1.8/... I do this:

$ cd /home/webadmin/www/vBversion/[www]mkdir backups[www]$ cp -r current/4.1.8 /home/webadmin/www/backups[www]$ cd current[current]$ rm -r 4.1.8/[current]$ mkdir 4.2.0/[current]$ cp -r /home/webadmin/staging/ /home/webadmin/www/vBversion/current/4.2.0/[current]$ 
This gives you an instant fall-back if the new version chokes. It's a matter of deleting /current/4.2.0 and copy 4.1.8 folder back to original location (giving the example has the application looking for the vB files in a specific folder location..) and all is instantly switched back to how it was, before the upgrade. I do this type of thing (application-wise) about every couple of months when our app gets updated (new versions.) $pwd will display current location you're in.. I.E.:
[root@WebAppSvr log]# pwd/home/root/jboss-4.0.5.GA/server/order/log[root@WebAppSvr log]#
Here's another tip:
[root@WebAppSvr log]# free -m             total       used       free     shared    buffers     cachedMem:         12007      10033       1973          0        429       3895-/+ buffers/cache:       5708       6298Swap:         8001          0       8000[root@WebAppSvr log]#

that box has a boat-load of memory!

odd that the upgrade timed out..

--- Update to the previous post...

Here is free command...

I'm going to have to call you some night and get linux leasons from you... :smart::thumbup2:

Sure thing. We'll have to schedule it, though, to ensure I'm #1: home #2: available :)

Otherwise, I'd be happy to help you as much as I can.

Again, I do 99.9% of my Linux operation(s) in terminal (PuTTY) and vary rarely do I interface with the boxes via GUI.