• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fleetguard Oil Filters

I have found the LF16035 @ truckhelp.com for $9.10 each plus shipping. Does anyone know where to get them cheaper? I have found them on line from $9.10 to $15.00 plus. I can get a MOPAR filter for $13.49 out the door at a local parts store. What is the conventional wisdom on using /not using the MOPAR filter?

I actually just started using the a mopar filter. I used to swear by napa filters but the mopar one for a couple extra dollars seems to work a lot better. As for cold hard facts or test i dont have any of those but just seems the oil seems bette with the mopar cumnins filter. I ger mine at advance auto for 13 bucks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I use Wix and was told by my local parts man that the Wix is the only filter other than oem that doesn't void warranty

I have a tough time believing that. I would ask Chrysler directly. I would say as long as you are changing oil at proper intervals and have the receipts to prove it, there should not be a problem. I always use Baldwin filters, we run them on all our equipment at work (some very high hour units) and typically any problems are not caused by poor filtration of fuel, engine oil, or hydraulic oil. They seem to be very reasonable in price too.