• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I am looking at upgrading my 99. I have gauges(egt, fuel and boost), boost fooler and a boost elbow. I am thinking that one of the next things to install are injectors. I know everyone likes the RV275's, but looking around I am wondering if 75 hp injectors are also a good option. I do not tow heavy loads a lot, but there are times that I do load the truck down and would like to have some extra umph. I know that I will also need to upgrade my fuel pump as I still have a stock type in the tank, but for now I am just looking at different options. The truck has around 350,000 miles thus far and runs down the road without missing a tick. Thanks for any input.

You are right about one thing and that is the lift pump. the more fuel you add the worse that oe lift pump and stock fuel lines are going to do. Replace it and get a good fuel flow going to the vp first, then add the injectors. I do like the rv's but I was not after major hp, and I am happy with them. Add all you want but fix the weak link first or keep an extra grand laying around for a new VP.

If your not towing, go with 7x.010, they are 125-150hp. Or you could go with 7x.009 and be closer to 90-100hp. I have been very happy with my new injectors and for the price I have not found anyone else that can beat them. They idle great and my mileag has never been better, it isnt great but still better than before. The builder's name is Lee and he is at contagious diesel on facebook. http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Contagious-Diesel-Performance/147994165231032

An after market fuel pump will be installed along with the injectors, so that will be taken care of as I know I will need a good supply of fuel to keep the vp44 happy. I am thinking that I should be able to get around 60 rwhp with my stock turbo and the boost fooler and boost elbow. I am not looking for huge gains, but I would like to see modest gains. I have loaded the truck down pretty good, at times over 20,000 lbs, so any gains that I can get would be helpful. I think along with the smarty I should have a pretty nice setup.