• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Just wondering if anyone here has tryed the lucas diesel fuel additive I have tryed it out on my last few fill ups and it has seemed to help my mpg by about 2 or so. I know alot of complaints about additives where they have solvents and such. This lucas pours out like a syrup almost. I was just kind of wondering what the advantages 2cycle oil would have over this stuff. Accept for the fact that lucas is about 10$ a bottle.

• Owner

Other than Lucas test poorly in the HFRR testing...

Bosch requires 450 HFRR or less for good performance...

Posted Image

Lucas scored 641 HFRR

http://articles.mopar1973man.com/general-cummins/36-fuel-system/68-hfrr-testing-of-common-diesel-fuel-additives

2 cycle Oil scored 474 HFRR (200:1 ratio) I know 128:1 ratio is much lower more like 380-400 HFRR.

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I saw super tech was tested, Does it seem to matter brand or synthetic vs std? Or just simply the cheapest TCW-3?

So far its just go with the cheapest TCW-3, as long as its new (filtered). I actually have been thinking about the synthetic thing though. They say not to use it in diesels, but its not like my dirt bike can tell a difference so I am wondering why we can't use it in our diesels. It would be expensive but I think a lot of amsoil dealers can get it cheap enough that they would use it.

Hidden

So far its just go with the cheapest TCW-3, as long as its new (filtered).

I actually have been thinking about the synthetic thing though. They say not to use it in diesels, but its not like my dirt bike can tell a difference so I am wondering why we can't use it in our diesels. It would be expensive but I think a lot of amsoil dealers can get it cheap enough that they would use it.

Cool ,thanks! I thought I was done buying 2 strike oil when we made the switch to 4 stroke snowmobile-guess not!

- - - Updated - - -

So far its just go with the cheapest TCW-3, as long as its new (filtered).

I actually have been thinking about the synthetic thing though. They say not to use it in diesels, but its not like my dirt bike can tell a difference so I am wondering why we can't use it in our diesels. It would be expensive but I think a lot of amsoil dealers can get it cheap enough that they would use it.

Cool ,thanks! I thought I was done buying 2 strike oil when we made the switch to 4 stroke snowmobile-guess not!

So far its just go with the cheapest TCW-3, as long as its new (filtered). I actually have been thinking about the synthetic thing though. They say not to use it in diesels, but its not like my dirt bike can tell a difference so I am wondering why we can't use it in our diesels. It would be expensive but I think a lot of amsoil dealers can get it cheap enough that they would use it.

Cool, thanks! The Super-tech is alot cheaper than SkiDoo oil!

• Owner

The only reason is the synthetic doesn't have PPD (pour point depressant) so it won't do any thing for winter gelling... Then the only other thing is price if your willing to run it go for it... It does work and it does lube... Just short the PPD and the price is higher.
  • Like 1