• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mopar Man's Reverse Lights! PICS!

Well After several weekends I FINELY got these suckers hooked up! Been waiting on time and parts. So I got 2 of the 100 watt spots and mounted them to the axle with 2 pipe bands each.

Posted Image

Took a while to find out what wires went where in this mess that some one made for me. There are wires coming and going everywhere!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Put the relay on the inside of the frame after I did a waterproof job with some tape and got it up out of the way.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Next I ran my switched power and a ground to the lights. I ran a ground just to play it safe and have a ton of wire on hand. Ran the wires in that plastic wire covering, through the frame rails and down to the axle.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lastly I ran the wires to each light zip tieing the wire to the axle. And man them suckers are bright. Cant wait to try them out later!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Shot of headlights.

Posted Image

Everything looks fine and dandy on there, EXCEPT for one thing:SHRINK WRAP!Those connections need protection. Either you do it in a shrink wrap, or you can save yourself the hassle and buy liquid tape. I know O'reilly's has it for a fact. Comes in a small yellow can like you would see for PVC cement, etc.If you want ultimate protection, do the liquid tape, then the shrink wrap.

Scotch locks:banghead::doh::duh::ahhh::wow:If you lived in an area with any kind of deicing solution on the road way you will be replacing almost all of the rear end wiring harness in a few years and will be plagued with all sorts of wiring glitches in the future once the wiring turns green and corrodes about 4 feet into the wire insulation.Believe me scotch locks and non heat shrink connectors have made this man lots of money over the years repairing wiring harnesses on all sorts of vehicles they were used on.:spend:

Yea What would you suggest I use in place of the scotch locks? I was going to just coat the whole thing in liquid elec tape... And the wires that are just hanging there. Im in Texas so no problems with it not working. Also The hack job some one did before me was on there 300,000 miles so far.