• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

reflash with a drb3?

so i wanna turn on the cold weather high idle on my truck and have access to a drb3 with all the chrysler software. when i go to turn it on it refuses to connect with the ecm, then i read somewhere it wants you to have the latest update before it'll let you make those changes. so far the drb3 has only been used as a scantool so no one has any idea how to reflash it. from my understanding i need a memory card with the update software on it, but not sure where or how to get it. i also have numerous cds with the title ITIL/ISIS from chrysler but i think these just updates for the drb3 itself and don't contain updates for vehicle ecms. however correct me if i'm wrong, lookin for some info, thx

Regarding DRBIII communicating with the ECM:I almost hate to ask this, but did you have the ignition switch ON when you connected the DRBIII?Was the DRBIII able to communicate with any of the other vehicle modules such as the PCM, CAB, CTM, etc.?Is a generic scan tool able to communicate with the ECM?If the DRBIII won't connect to any module, then the CCD bus (the Chrysler communication network in the vehicle), or the DRBIII itself might be faulty. If it won't connect to only the ECM, then it's likely there's something wrong with the ECM or its connection to the CCD bus.Regarding updating the ECM software:No you don't need a memory card in the DRBIII to flash the ECM's software, but having one on hand makes the task a bit easier. Yes the flash files are on the ITIL/ISIS disk. If the ITIL/ISIS disk is old and you need newer versions of the flash files, you can download them from Chrysler's TechAuthority web site.Without getting into too much detail here (it would take me several pages of instructions to cover all the nuances), at a minimum you'll need an RS-232 DB9 to USB serial cable, a computer running Windows, and the "Benchtop Programmer" program found on the ITIL/ISIS DVD to load flash files into the DRBIII's memory.If you want to more information, feel free to PM or email me with your telephone number and I'll call you.Best regards,John L.

• Like 2

Haha yeah i shouldve clarified more. the ignition is on, the drb3 communicates with the ecm, pcm, and other control modules, unless i tell it to do something it doesn't want to, then it pops up that message. generic scan tools work just fine as well.