• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Pulling the trigger on a few mods soon.

Hello everybody, I am about to purchase a bunch of stuff for my truck and I wanted to make sure that I had all of my bases covered. I've done a ton of searching and I'd like to thank everyone for everything they've contributed to this site. It's an awesome source for doing research!I've got an 01 QCSB 4x4 CTD, Auto, 3.55, 160k, and it's my daily driver when I'm not on my motorcycle. I had to replace the exhaust when I got it and other than that it's pretty much stock. I've got a 4" Diamond Eye from the turbo back. My main goal is reliability, though power may come later. Here's the stuff that I am going to buy in the near future. If I've left anything out then please let me know!In the very near future I'm going to get:BHAFISSPRO Gauges from Vulcan - Mechanical boost, fuel pressure, and EGT. Possibly a tranny gauge (it does a good bit of slipping).Big line filter to injection pump w/ fuel pressure access. Shortly following this I will get some sort of lift pump, probably an AD150, and an iQuad. I'm more interested in the MPG gains, turbo timer, and reliability features of the iQuad for now, but the power benefits will be good later.I figure that I will run the fuel right to the gauge using the needle valve like suggested here, and I plan on keeping my stock fuel filter housing. Would I benefit from getting my fuel pressure reading from the big line kit, or from another area? Also, is the snubber a must have if i am not running the isolator?Next is in relation to the drawstraw. I don't recall seeing a lift pump on the block, but I could be wrong. I see so much info on draw straws that I don't understand what I need, or if the AD150 will come with everything else I need.I suppose my final question is in relation to mounting the AD150. I like how MoparMan has his mounted and from what I gather there isn't a shortbed mount like that made anymore. Would I have any problems with the fuel lines if I decided to make my own bracket and mount my pump in that location (near the transfer case). It's my understanding that the lines are premade with the fittings already installed so there aren't many options for relocating it without getting new lines. If this is a false assumption then let me know, and if the FASS doesn't have this problem perhaps I will go that way.Thanks. I look forward to installing some stuff in the future!

both the fass and the ad150 kits come with big line kits, wiring,all the mounting brackets, nuts/bolts,draw straws ect both have lifetime warrantes. you will be happy with witch ever one you go with .you may want to change the ends on the ad bigline kits [they have gone to the quike change style]

Hello everybody, I am about to purchase a bunch of stuff for my truck and I wanted to make sure that I had all of my bases covered. I've done a ton of searching and I'd like to thank everyone for everything they've contributed to this site. It's an awesome source for doing research! I've got an 01 QCSB 4x4 CTD, Auto, 3.55, 160k, and it's my daily driver when I'm not on my motorcycle. I had to replace the exhaust when I got it and other than that it's pretty much stock. I've got a 4" Diamond Eye from the turbo back. My main goal is reliability, though power may come later. Here's the stuff that I am going to buy in the near future. If I've left anything out then please let me know! In the very near future I'm going to get: BHAF ISSPRO Gauges from Vulcan - Mechanical boost, fuel pressure, and EGT. Possibly a tranny gauge (it does a good bit of slipping). Big line filter to injection pump w/ fuel pressure access. Shortly following this I will get some sort of lift pump, probably an AD150, and an iQuad. I'm more interested in the MPG gains, turbo timer, and reliability features of the iQuad for now, but the power benefits will be good later. I figure that I will run the fuel right to the gauge using the needle valve like suggested here, and I plan on keeping my stock fuel filter housing. Would I benefit from getting my fuel pressure reading from the big line kit, or from another area? Also, is the snubber a must have if i am not running the isolator? Next is in relation to the draw straw. I don't recall seeing a lift pump on the block, but I could be wrong. I see so much info on draw straws that I don't understand what I need, or if the AD150 will come with everything else I need. I suppose my final question is in relation to mounting the AD150. I like how MoparMan has his mounted and from what I gather there isn't a shortbed mount like that made anymore. Would I have any problems with the fuel lines if I decided to make my own bracket and mount my pump in that location (near the transfer case). It's my understanding that the lines are pre-made with the fittings already installed so there aren't many options for relocating it without getting new lines. If this is a false assumption then let me know, and if the FASS doesn't have this problem perhaps I will go that way. Thanks. I look forward to installing some stuff in the future!

IMO, You have covered your areas quite well but here are a few suggestions. 1. No need for a boost pressure gauge unless your in performance mode, basically boost and engine exhaust temps are somewhat related, so use that 3rd spot for a trans temp gauge. The trans warning light comes on a 275 on the instrument cluster, by then its to late, plus its better knowing what your trans temp is. 2. Any full sized fuel pump like a FASS 95(and up), and Air Dog 90 and up will have all the plumbing and wiring necessary to hook the pumps up. I would bypass the stock filtration unit, and instead install a 3rd inline filter, preferably a Baldwin 1212, with a fuel heater in it (if you live in cold temps), but if not just a 3rd inline fill will do. While there are two filters on the full sized pumps, i always say there cannot be enough filtration. The fass system is a plug and play with push loc fittings. 3. As for draw straws, i would recommend a 1/2 inch draw straw and 1/2 (USCG) approved fuel line, that is braided), this will help on the (-) or suction side from the draw straw to the draw straw. 4.And unless your aims are at 500HP or more a 150gph pump is useless, and will only cause trouble. 5.And you might consider a shift kit to put into your transmission to extend what ever life is left, you didn't mention weather it was built up or bone stock.

From what I can tell the tranny is bone stock. It slips a good bit too.I am thinking that I want to start getting into mixed WVO, as I have a friend down here in Alabama that has been doing it with success for years now. I've also been talking to a board member about WVO and with his VP44 trucks and has had good success with them. I believe that the 1/2 inch fuel lines with the AirDog will help with the thicker fuel. I'm going to get all of the gauges eventually, but I think I might skip out on the tranny gauge since the iQuad will provide that gauge. But, eventually I'd like to get the cubby hole mount from Geno's and put the tranny temp gauge there. I sent a few emails to Eric at Vulcan and he's got me some prices for all of what I was looking for. Thanks everyone for all of your replies. I'll keep everyone posted!

From what I can tell the tranny is bone stock. It slips a good bit too. I am thinking that I want to start getting into mixed WVO, as I have a friend down here in Alabama that has been doing it with success for years now. I've also been talking to a board member about WVO and with his VP44 trucks and has had good success with them. I believe that the 1/2 inch fuel lines with the AirDog will help with the thicker fuel. I'm going to get all of the gauges eventually, but I think I might skip out on the tranny gauge since the iQuad will provide that gauge. But, eventually I'd like to get the cubby hole mount from Geno's and put the tranny temp gauge there. I sent a few emails to Eric at Vulcan and he's got me some prices for all of what I was looking for. Thanks everyone for all of your replies. I'll keep everyone posted!

Unless the quad gets its readings separately Via a probe i think the instrument cluster's temp sender is in a bad spot. 1/2 inch lines are over kill, even if the fuel is slightly thicker, its not best to run 100% WVVO, a good 50:50 blend will do wodners, although i would say anything over B5 will make the VP-44 happy. As for the trans, start putting away for a built trans, its well worth the money when done right.

Well, I called Eric at Vulcan and orderd an AD150, BHAF, and a gauge kit. I got a boost, pyro, and fuel pressure kit. I chose to wait to get the iQuad and tranny gauge. Most likely I'll do another round of ordering in a few months and get a those last two items plus a shift kit. Maybe all of these items will help the truck go another 150k miles without any problems. Here's a question I thought of: In the event that I choose to pPump my truck, will the AD150 still work for me? I realize they have different pressure needs, but I was wondering if the pump made for my truck will be able to adjust for the needs of a p7100. Just curious.

Well, I called Eric at Vulcan and orderd an AD150, BHAF, and a gauge kit. I got a boost, pyro, and fuel pressure kit. I chose to wait to get the iQuad and tranny gauge. Most likely I'll do another round of ordering in a few months and get a those last two items plus a shift kit. Maybe all of these items will help the truck go another 150k miles without any problems. Here's a question I thought of: In the event that I choose to pPump my truck, will the AD150 still work for me? I realize they have different pressure needs, but I was wondering if the pump made for my truck will be able to adjust for the needs of a p7100. Just curious.

i do believe (i could be wrong), but the 12v trucks had adjustable fuel pressure, meaning it rose as engine rpm's rose up. i think somewhere i read its 40psi at WOT? if you got the adjustable psi airdog i see no problem..(provided that the fueo psi is static like on the VP trucks. but being that there is a fuel pump lobe on the 12v cams i feel that odds are the fuel psi will rise up with rpm.

Gotcha. Well, if (big if) I ever decide to make the swap then I won't sweat having to buy another pump. I'm sure there's a market for used AD150's, lol. Anyway, I'd say that if I was in that position I could call Pure Flow and they could advise me on what to do. Even if my vp died tomorrow I doubt I'd be getting into a pPump conversion. Too much time and money to fix, plus, on a fresh VP with a propper fuel setup I'd be looking at another 150k miles... I'd think. Anyway, it's about time that I got all of the mentioned stuff.

Anyone know if it's worth getting the DDT shift kit over the regular trans go? So far I haven't found anything worth an extra $100.

--- Update to the previous post...

Sorry ISX, I missed your post. Good to hear that it'll work. Thanks everyone! I'll keep everyone posted on my most recent purchases... not that there's anything unusual about them, lol.