• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

It means the PCM (or ECM) is reporting it detected a trouble code set in the other module. It's essentially one module finger pointing at the other letting you know the other set a trouble code. By itself, it's a useless except to alert you may need to dig deeper.However, sometimes the P1693 will linger after the original trouble code in the opposite module has been cleared or reset.In short, by itself it's nothing to worry about.Best regards,John L.

• Like 1

• Owner

i did key trick

Key trick only works well for the 02...

98.5 to 99 don't work at all...

00 does work for the most part but some times only reports the PCM.

01 Only reports the PCM you need a OBDII code reader to get the ECM.

02 works and reports both PCM and ECM.

You should see 2 P Dones like this video...

--- Update to the previous post...

i did key trick

Key trick only works well for the 02...

98.5 to 99 don't work at all...

00 does work for the most part but some times only reports the PCM.

01 Only reports the PCM you need a OBDII code reader to get the ECM.

02 works and reports both PCM and ECM.

You should see 2 P Dones like this video...

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XQJmaIF9Do

• Owner
:duh: P0234 - Is not a MAP sensor problem... It a Wastegate issue! http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/59-obdii-error-codes/165-p0234-turbo-boost-limit-exceeded P0216 - Is a lift pump and fuel pressure issue that has killed the VP44... Do you have a fuel pressure gauge? http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/59-obdii-error-codes/161-p0216-fuel-injection-pump-timing-failure

• Owner

yes I am origanal owner and no the VP has not been replaced no I don't have a fuel pressure gauge is there a site to fine out how much the parts will be that you said is wrong with my truck? Again thanks for all your help

Actually the VP44 will most likely have to be replaced... I would suggest you contact one of the many vendors we have here for prices. But I'd still suggest you talk to the vendor about a good fuel system and a fuel pressure gauge. Basically the extra fuel pressure is used a lubricant and coolant for the VP44 pumps so when the lift pump gets weak <14 PSI they start to take on damage and gets worse with time. Basically like running a engine with low oil pressure it will survive for quite awhile but someday the engine would fail. same with the injection pumps they will run and run with little to no fuel pressure but eventually they fail too. So sad to say this will have a comma in the price tag. No doubt... Fuel Pressure Gauge New Lift Pump (Raptor / FASS) Reman VP44 As for the P0234 error code that you can fix yourself. Just remove the turbo from the truck and remove the wastegate motor shaft from the bellcrank on the exhaust housing. (Small E Clip) Once the rod is off just carefully work the arm back and forth till freed up good. Your going to need PB blaster or similar to break it free. If it frozen and can't be freed you might consider hunting the salavage yards or vendors for a replacement turbo.