• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Thank you for your time. Im a new member with which may be a stupid question. I own a 2001 2500 auto. A few months ago i shut my truck off and it never restarted. I had no fuel to the fuel filter housing. I had my lift pump replace with an intank unit, first mistake, second i had someone that in my opinion now wasnt able to do the the job. After that didnt work a new injection pump installed, no luck. A computer diagnostic ran, no luck. I have no codes but truck will turn over but still wont run. After towing the truck home, i discovered a short in the power door locks fuse which controls the ctm. My truck has the anti theft feature but didnt have any symptoms before the pump swaps. Would the ctm lock up be the problem or am i over thinking this? Thanks for any thoughts on this i appreciate it!

• Owner

Yes... The CTM (Anti-thief) will prevent the engine from running I would look into fixing that and I think you'll find the truck will start...

Im a new member with which may be a stupid question

Once again welcome to the site... As for stupid questions... There is no such thing as a stupid question here on the site... The only way you are going to learn is to ask questions.
  • Like 1

Welcome.You are among friends here. We are all here to learn. Agreed, that there is no such thing as a dumb question. What is unfortunate is a legitimate question not asked. Those that know the answers (and it's not always the same people each time) are pleased to share. As a group, we are stronger.Russ

I appreciate this guys, i asked the same question elsewhere and the answers i received were more off topic or 'let me guess' then a straight answer. Thanks again. btw since i did unfortuantly have an intank pump installed should i replace it immediatly change it or just add an auxiliary pump?

I appreciate this guys, i asked the same question elsewhere and the answers i received were more off topic or 'let me guess' then a straight answer. Thanks again. btw since i did unfortuantly have an intank pump installed should i replace it immediatly change it or just add an auxiliary pump?

While replacing the pump is the best option an auxillary pump will work. I ran one for over 2 years withreasonable sucess. This was befor e I learned the inportance of fuel pressure. I had the in tank pump like you and started having some small problems, a little bucking and occasional dead pedal. Took it to a shop and they pointed out my fuel pressure being very low. I added a booster pump from BD Diesel and it got my pressure up to acceptable levels. Turns out it was a Carter fuel pump sold by BD diesel. At that time I still did not how improtant it was to monitor your pressure, so I did not install a gauge. To make a long story short, if you are tight on cash, add an auxillary pump if you want to, but make a fuel pressure gauge #1 on your list. the aux will work but you need to watch the fuel pressure an keep it at least over 10# untill you can afford to go the right way. Just bear in mind a booster pump has got to cost at least $250. you ought to look at Air Dog or FASS for a suitable replacement and piece of mind. It is more upfront, but at least you could go ahead and put it behind you. The intank pump is crap.
  • Like 1

http://www.pureflowairdog.com/airdogII.php http://www.xtremediesel.com/pureflowairdogiiairfuelseparationsystemdf-100wadjustableregulatorquickconnect.aspx ^This oughtta get you in the right direction. Edumacate yourself about the fuel delivery system and the importance of it with a diesel engine. Then also understand this in relation to a vp44 injection pump. This system should be in your budget, and is the least I would go with. If you plan on getting crazy, front the money now instead of later and get a higher model one. I got my ADII 165gph for about $650. Look around for deals and I bet you can find one for about the same. If you go this route, with a 165, you will have to yank the tank and modify the basket in the tank to allow for better suction. For a diesel engine, the fuel is the blood, the life of the engine.
  • Like 1

I reprimed the injection pump and bleed the injection hard lines this morning. I got good flow and no air in all the lines but the number2. I repeated the 30 sec cycle on the number 2 line a few more times with no sucess. I stopped when my batteries got weak. I put then on charge and will go from here when they are fully charged. Could this be a vp problem or is it simply air locked somewhere in the number 2 hard line?