• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

What fuel pressure do you run if you have a gauge?

what is your fuel pressure at idle and WOT multiple choice  

211 members have voted

1. 1. what is your fuel pressure at idle and WOT multiple choice

• 10-12 idle
    • 13-15 idle
    • 16-18 idle
    • 19-21 idle
    • 22+ idle
    • 10-12 WOT
    • 13-15 WOT
    • 16-18 WOT
    • 19-21 WOT
    • 22+ WOT

• 3 weeks later...

I guess I should update y'all.Got the Assassin on. 7 1/2 PSI at idle and 20 PSI at 1,500 RPM, and at 2,000 RPM pressure hits 23-24 PSI and jumps around. (I know that's too high) So far there's no leaks and everything looks good.I will be contacting DTT and getting a larger pulley to put on the pump, which will bring up idle pressure, and then I will trim down the regulator spring so it'll max out at 20 PSI or so. . .

My truck is stock I went with the Fass ddrp2 with the oem filter no modification ,when idling 16 psi,at 50 mph 13 psi and pulling a heavy load 10 psi,I guess eventually I will have to replace the vp44 at those pressures,some guys mentioned they increased the fuel line sizes past the oem filter,what do I need to do to increase it.My gauge is set up at the banjo before the vp44.Should I go with bigger fuel lines or just go with a higher flow pump?:cookoo:

Hidden

I have been told by our shops head diesel guy that I can just install a fass 100 where the stock pump used to be and leave the retrofitted intank pump alone as it will simply draw thru it. I have to say that I am leary of this setup,I have a stock 99 3500 with 237,000 on it.I bought the truck dirt cheap and have only put 1500 or so miles on it,fuel pressure gauge will be installed in the next 2 weeks.So what to do,the truck will be driven rarely and will be lucky to get another 1500 on it by next spring,I intend to keep it for awhile.

• 2 weeks later...

On my 4x4 - I have a FASS - with 1/2" line from FASS to original filter (left in place) ...and Vulcan Big Line from original filter to the IP. NO BANJO Fittings in the system! Pressure is about 18 at idle, and 16 at WOT.On my 2WD - I have an off-brand external fuel pump boosting an in-tank fuel pump to supply fuel directly to the original filter (removing the stupid aluminum block that the dealers used when "upgrading" from the original block mounted lift pump - but they were too cheap to fix fuel lines...). Then - Vulcan Big line from original filter to the IP. Again - no Banjo fittings in the system. Pressure is 20 psi at idle and 17 at WOT. (I have a FRRP to install when I get some free time to lift up the truck bed and install a draw straw and re-configure the fuel lines and the electrical power to the pump.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wonder if there is too much voltage drop or something, causing the pump to fall behind at WOT. :shrug:

You might be on to something. A friend of mine had replaced the stock lift pump on his truck and whichever pump he got (not sure if it was a raptor or not) and the wiring for the pump didn't come with a relay and was trying to run the pump straight from the ecm wiring. He didn't have a fuel pressure gauge so I'm not sure about pressure drop but after wiring a relay with heavier wire to run the pump it gave it a slight, seat of the pants dyno, power increase. Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2