• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

What fuel pressure do you run if you have a gauge?

what is your fuel pressure at idle and WOT multiple choice  

211 members have voted

1. 1. what is your fuel pressure at idle and WOT multiple choice

• 10-12 idle
    • 13-15 idle
    • 16-18 idle
    • 19-21 idle
    • 22+ idle
    • 10-12 WOT
    • 13-15 WOT
    • 16-18 WOT
    • 19-21 WOT
    • 22+ WOT

Ok that's kinda what I thought. If I wasn't running such large injectors, would that help keep my pressures up? Cause there would t be as much fuel going into the engine, making the pressure to the vp higher??

I think that would keep the pressures up with smaller injectors. With the pressure differences you have it sounds like you don't have enough fuel flow (weak pump, too small of a supply line, dirty fuel filter, low fuel flow rate on the pump) note than an actual pressure issue. Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

DDRP... That's the problem... You still using the stock plumbing.

Posted Image

I have upgraded 3/8" line from the tank to the VP. I also replace the fuel filter every 5000 miles. Someone put a small inline filter back before the DDRP. I am going to replace that and see what happens. This is why I was wondering about the bigger injectors making the pressure lower.

Ya I am going to change that inline filter before the DDRP and see what comes of it.

- - - Updated - - -

So i changed the filter before the pump and it didnt really help. I didnt get out and drive it yet but it still only had 16 psi at idle. I think I posted this in another thread already, but I found out that I dont actually have the DDRP. I took a closer look and the tag says FASS HPFP. I am not sure what one but I could only guess it is the 95 gpm. What psi should these babies be running?

I got out and drove the truck to work today. Changing that filter did help a bit. It idles a little higher now, 16-17. It cruises at around 14, and it only drops to 11-12 at WOT. Its some improvement but still a bit low I think. I am going to change the stock filter next and see what happens then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I am going to replace the lift pump. I am looking at the rapter frrp. I know this is a constant battle, but what would you guys suggest? Which pump would be the best for me at a reasonable price? I am not looking for huge power. Having some rv275's installed this week. What do you guys think?

After putting in the Fass 95 and my own 1/2" line kit with draw straw to the VP, I have a constant 16-18 psi at idle and 14-16 at wot. And that is going through the stock filter housing that I retapped for bigger ID fittings. No more banjo bolts.:woot:

Sounds like a good idea. I already have a frame mounted fass hpfp. I also have a 3/8 big line kit from tank to vp. I think the pump is just getting weak because it holds steady pressure, it's just a bit low. 16 at idle and 13 at cruise. It does drop to about 9 at WOT. All I need is to replace the pump. I don't really need all the accessories and stuff for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my new regulator from Stefan, (it's kinda like the Airdog regulators - ball & spring) and I got it adjusted about as good as I'm gonna get it. When I first start the truck, I got about 14 1/2 PSI, and then it'll settle at about ~13 PSI idle. Going through the gears, it's hard to get the pressure past 21 or 22 PSI. 3rd gear at 2,500 RPM it was at 25 PSI, so it's not that bad. . .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...