• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Weird Science...

Mopar1973Man

Before I read the wiki article, I was gonna call it a hoax. Reason being that he did not show the bottle after it had done its thing. Which would lead me to believe that it was not due to this phenomenon. I have seeing other youtube videos of a chemical reaction occuring, as if it was water, but when touched, agitated, etc. it would solidify.

very very very pure water rarely does this but you can make it at home... on the other hand sodium acetate trihydrate does exactly what he did but in any temperature except boiling. it is commonly called "hot ice" and you can make it at home, non toxic too. hot ice or sodium acetate trihydrate is exothermic. You super saturate water with baking soda and vinegar, boil it supersaturating the water and till it cant dissolve anymore. then you are good. http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-Hot-Ice-The-Complete-Guide/

Damnit marblecrusher with your mouse signature! Anyways it is simple to do. Basically the water needs a "disturbance" to be able to freeze which starts off some crystal lattice (ice) forming crap. Distilled water has nothing in it, so it has no disturbances. Combine that with a perfectly smooth bottle of water and you have the perfect setup. Any dirt in the water will cause it to freeze. Any movement of the water will cause it to freeze. I left a bottle in the truck one night when it got to 10F and I came back and looked at it wondering how it didn't freeze. I backed up 10ft and looked back down and it was frozen. You can do it in the freezer you just have to keep from moving it, so putting it in at night and being the first to open the freezer door would be key. Another interesting thing is taking boiling water outside when it is really cold and just throwing it in the air. It turns to steam instantly. Has to be something to do with the particles of water being cooled very quickly, but I can't wrap my mind around what. I've tried this as well though, works even at 20F, most said it had to be a lot colder.

Another interesting thing is taking boiling water outside when it is really cold and just throwing it in the air. It turns to steam instantly. Has to be something to do with the particles of water being cooled very quickly, but I can't wrap my mind around what. I've tried this as well though, works even at 20F, most said it had to be a lot colder.

The reason behind it is because of the large temperature differential. When you throw it into the air, you increase the surface area of the water and effectively cool it that much quicker. Think of it as when you are in a nice and toasty house, then you step out into freezing weather.

• 4 weeks later...