• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
Sign in to follow this  
Mopar1973Man

Weird Science...

I guess that explains why bottles of water freeze in my truck, its a dodge and it bounces around to much. I never new you could get water that cold without if freezinf solid. I guess the key is it not moving, just sitting still.:shrug:

the only beer trick I know is tapping you r bottle on top of your buddy's bottle and watching the beer shoot out of it. You know how good your buddys are if they dont throw the bottle at you.:lmao:

Before I read the wiki article, I was gonna call it a hoax. Reason being that he did not show the bottle after it had done its thing. Which would lead me to believe that it was not due to this phenomenon. I have seeing other youtube videos of a chemical reaction occuring, as if it was water, but when touched, agitated, etc. it would solidify.

very very very pure water rarely does this but you can make it at home... on the other hand sodium acetate trihydrate does exactly what he did but in any temperature except boiling. it is commonly called "hot ice" and you can make it at home, non toxic too. hot ice or sodium acetate trihydrate is exothermic. You super saturate water with baking soda and vinegar, boil it supersaturating the water and till it cant dissolve anymore. then you are good. http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-Hot-Ice-The-Complete-Guide/

Damnit marblecrusher with your mouse signature! Anyways it is simple to do. Basically the water needs a "disturbance" to be able to freeze which starts off some crystal lattice (ice) forming crap. Distilled water has nothing in it, so it has no disturbances. Combine that with a perfectly smooth bottle of water and you have the perfect setup. Any dirt in the water will cause it to freeze. Any movement of the water will cause it to freeze. I left a bottle in the truck one night when it got to 10F and I came back and looked at it wondering how it didn't freeze. I backed up 10ft and looked back down and it was frozen. You can do it in the freezer you just have to keep from moving it, so putting it in at night and being the first to open the freezer door would be key. Another interesting thing is taking boiling water outside when it is really cold and just throwing it in the air. It turns to steam instantly. Has to be something to do with the particles of water being cooled very quickly, but I can't wrap my mind around what. I've tried this as well though, works even at 20F, most said it had to be a lot colder.

Another interesting thing is taking boiling water outside when it is really cold and just throwing it in the air. It turns to steam instantly. Has to be something to do with the particles of water being cooled very quickly, but I can't wrap my mind around what. I've tried this as well though, works even at 20F, most said it had to be a lot colder.

The reason behind it is because of the large temperature differential. When you throw it into the air, you increase the surface area of the water and effectively cool it that much quicker. Think of it as when you are in a nice and toasty house, then you step out into freezing weather.

Alright Alright, better now? lol -Jordan-

That gnat's gone too.:hyper: Not sure about the other one though:cookoo: At least i am not chasing the cursor any more. whole things pretty:lmao2:funny if you ask me.

Well it is a little hard to miss sliding across the bottom of the page like it is.:wow:

i left a beer in the back of the fridge, right where it tends to freze things...i went to grab it the other day and as soon as i opened it the thing started freezing on me!!