• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Crankcase Vent - can't find it!

OK, so I feel dumb even asking this question.. but I'm looking at the front of my engine and don't see a hose, bottle, vent or anything like it. What I think I'm looking at is just a smooth timing cover. D oes that make sense? I crawled under the truck and see what looks to be the vent/blow-by hose but it runs back up into the side of the block above the stock LP location. So, am I really dumb enough to be missing it somehow??

Thank you!!Well, that's kind of embarrassing. I did read the TSB but only read the problem and skipped the fix because I figured whatever was posted here had to be better than Dodge's fix. :DSo, do you think there is anything else I need to do with the hose or is it positioned well enough now? Does Dodge keep a list of TSBs they perform on vehicles? (I bought mine used so I'm not sure what is done)

Yes... Just provide Dodge with your VIN number and they will look them up for you...

I hate California Dodge dealerships. I called three and all of them told me I'd have to call the dealership that performed the repair. That's great, except I purchased the truck used and don't know where the owner lived or serviced the truck. :banghead: Speaking of TSBs and checking if they were performed - I remember reading in a thread or article on here that you could check if the 3 cyl/elevated idle had been enabled by using a jumper somewhere on the fuse block. Is that true or am I just making things up? :shrug:

http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/26-engine-systems/59-intake-air-temperature-sensor-iat-sensor http://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/26-engine-systems/48-mpg-fooler ^Find the IAT sensor, bridge the connector with a resisor that will make the ECM see an IAT of less than 15F. Start the truck and let it idle for a couple minutes. It should kick into high idle/3cyl. A resistor of 56k ohms or more will make it work.
  • Like 1

• Owner

I'm sorry. There is no way in the world I'm going to let some Dodge Yo Ho pull MY VP44 and everything else. Who's going to fix it when they F*** it up? (Same stealership that said No Codes when the LP shut down!)

That's why I built my own vent tube... Then had my Dodge Dealer write it into my warranty so it not possible to be considered a problem that would VOID the warranty... Well I'm way past that now... :whistle:

I agree. I would have rather done the crankcase vent mod myself, but the previous owner must not have felt the same way. LOL That's what I get for not being the original owner. Now I just have to hope they did things right. I've put about 40,000mi on it since I've owned it (at 134,600 now) and so far so good.

I thought that any dealer could plug in your VIN and pull up anything dodge had done to your vehicle. That is dealer repairs and not private repairs. Matter of fact I know they can, they have done to mine. I have had to deal with multiple dealers earier on.

I thought that any dealer could plug in your VIN and pull up anything dodge had done to your vehicle. That is dealer repairs and not private repairs. Matter of fact I know they can, they have done to mine. I have had to deal with multiple dealers earier on.

They probably can, but I think some are just too lazy to do it. I've called 5 different dealers now and all of them tell me I have to go to the dealer where the service was performed to find out about it. Makes no sense but it's kind of what I expect from dealerships.

Well, maybe I'll tell them a tiny white lie and say I need some transmission work done.. and ask for the maintenance history so I can have them catch anything ok that might not have been done at the same time. The chance to rip somebody off on transmission work should make their mouth water. :)

• Like 1