• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Import Hub Report

OK it has been what like almost a year since I installed the hubs. Well we have replaced the left side 2 times and the right side 3 times with it needed to be replaced again! The last time for the right hub was December! The clown at Hub Warehouse told me "you have to have something worng with your truck or you just can't drive for $hit" really? So now I'm going back to the OEM Mopar hubs and we will see what happens.Don

First I have a 4X2 so the conversion kit is out. If I had the 4X4 I would have bought the Mopar hubs the first time. The hubs for my truck are $490 list but the 4X4 hubs are $325 list :mad: . They say it has to do the four to one ratio 4WD verses 2WD.

As far as the last hub, it might have had 2000 miles on it maybe. :mad: I spun it before the install and was not happy with the way it felt. Very tight and not smooth at all, I'm going to call Hub Warehouse in the morning and see if he is going to refund my money for the last hub he sent out and then just write off the $240 and move forward. The Part that ticks me off is him insisting that the issue is with the truck!

I signed out a bore gauge that checks too .0001 of an inch. I also brought home my Starrett micrometer that also checks to .0001 of an inch. I will mic the OD of the hub (both the imports and the Mopar hubs) and ID of the knuckle and see whats what. then next week I'm going to take the import hubs to the plant and deconstruct the bearings to see what went wrong.

Bad heat treating maybe, press fit to tight, roller bearings not ground correctly? Not sure but I'm going to try and figure it out.

Don

--- Update to the previous post...

And BTW yes I'm very good at it now!:rolleyes: The last hub was installed in 12 minutes! :shrug: This does not include removing the wheel, just the caliper, caliper slide, rotor and hub then reinstall, all in 12 minutes! Sad really if you think about it. The one I did in my driveway was completed in under half an hour total!

Don

They are sealed hubs but every hub that has failed has had lots of grease coming out of the rear seal area. I installed the hubs Saturday and had the rotors cut at NAPA at the same time. Have to say the NAPA store really pissed me off also. Dropped off the rotors and when we came back 1.5 hours later they only had one done. They clown behind the counter said " Your rotors are really bad and very pitted" I asked wow what causes that? :evilgrin: (was setting him up) He says "that's what you get when you buy cheep import rotors". :mad: OK then again why did my rotors do that? They are NAPA rotors and you guys (not that store) charged me $190 each telling me just how good they are. His come back was "oh well we didn't sell them to you so maybe you should ask the guy that you gave the $300 to and not me. Will be the last time that store sees me and my money and maybe NAPA all together! With that said they have been good if you figure the dealer changed the OEM under the 12/12 coverage and I changed them @ around 32K with the NAPA rotors and the truck now has 125K+ on it. Just pissed me off that he ___-U-ME-D that I bought imported rotors. Don

• 2 weeks later...