• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

92 GMC Sierra K1500

hex0rz

That was the same body style of chevy from 1988-1998. You should also replace the hinge pins anad bushings when changing the door/doors since they are notorious for failing and letting the doors on these years of trucks sag and not completely latch.

I used to own a 98 gmc sierra c1500. I traded it in for my CTD. I'm aware of the pins and bushings. It was the first thing I did to the truck as I thought that was what the problem was. I replaced them, and it seems like made the problem worse. The damned bushings won't even stay in their spots! They work out of the holes...So I looked at the problem a little more. Not once did I give it any thought when I looked at this truck. The problem was not as bad then when we got the truck and at the time I thought it was just the notorious pin/bushing problem.BUT, it turns out, that the previous owner must have some managed to rip the door off the hinges by just a little bit. Then, they proceeded to bubble gum weld up the hinges back to the door. Never thinking about alignment, etc. So the door hinges were welded back up when the door was sagging.To make it worse, the latch assembly on the door has worn out to the point that the door rubs on the rocker panel and takes an act of God to get the door to latch!....this is why I just need a new door. As all the problems are related to the door... :banghead:The junkyard wants $160 some-odd dollars for the door, if they had it in stock!

• 5 weeks later...

Okay guys, I got the door fixed! Kept the original door. Upon replacing the pins and bushings again, I replaced the latch assembly. Works as good as new!BUT, now I have a problem with the oil. I checked the oil level, and it is still within spec. But the gauge will flicker? It will bounce back and forth towards the high pressure side and then stop and be steady. Then a few minutes later, it will do it again. Then go steady...I don't think I have a bearing problem or anything, could it be the pump, sender, or sensor?

Most common would be the sender. Could possibly be the connection at the sender or wiring to it. Have heard horror stories about clusters, never saw them personally though. Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I just got off the phone with O'reilly's. The guy was leaning towards the sender. He said it has a diaphragm. So I'm gonna give that a whirl and see what happens. :pray: Wife needs a vehicle to work!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...