• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Spiders??

• Owner

Scary stuff!!!:2cents:

No... It's good thing! I've install a plugin to the site that produces a long list of all the URL's to the site called Site Maps. These site maps guide the spiders thorugh all the pages and link of the forum so they can find all the pages and then index them properly on the search engines. There is roughly 800+ different search engine spider around the world. I've got Russian and even Japanesse spiders coming and walking the site... My Sitemap is created every night at 12 midnight and the file is located here... http://forum.mopar1973man.com/sitemap_index.xml.gz Now with in this gzipped file is other files which hold the sitemaps of different parts of the forum like forum threads, albums, member profiles, etc. Currently I have 12,000 URL in the sitemap but Google only reports seeing 7,000 URLs that's 5,000 pages that Google has no idea what it is... post-2-138698184208_thumb.png That means that 5,000 pages that the world doesn't even know about yet! Yes. I watch the activity of the Google Webmaster page closely and see how the spiders are doing. If a thread is good information but rated very low in Google I've been known to go in and add post to a thread or edit a thread to boost it up. Ok before you all come uncorked... As for editing threads its not like your thinking. Lots of time people refer to part in they simple names like VP44. Well when you looking to kick the search engine to giving a better grade I'll change that from "VP44" to "Bosch VP44 Injection Pump". Now its all spelled out and has a much greater chance of being picked up. How do I know... Going back over to Google Analytics and looking at what people are searching for Yes I can see what you type into Google that brings you to the site. So now compare the Google Analytics to the Google Webmaster and now know exactly what works and what doesn't. post-2-138698184215_thumb.png This is not to scare you like I'm peering into your private life... No not even close. But I can see what bring people to the site and try to expand on different terms/keywords that will bring more. As its currently standing I'm 20% type in www.mopar1973man.com and come directly here. 16% of people find a link on another site and come here from another site like CF.com or others. Then 63% of people find the site on a search engine... To break that down in order Google (10,000 / month), Yahoo (600 / month), Bing (600 / month), Ask (96 / Month), etc... post-2-13869818422_thumb.png So I'm working with the search engine the best I can to get the information at the top of the list and view without paying for it like alot of other sites do. They jump in the Ad sense band wagon and pay ofr keywords. Nope not here this is all done by hand the hard way "We've earned!" :thumbup2:
  • Like 1

I thought someone had infested Mike's rig with crawly things... LOL!!When Sheila & I got together we lived in a caretaker's house in the state management area. I quickly learned to shake out my clothes & especially jackets to vacate the brown recluse spiders...

Yes, they are. The Health Clinic Sheila worked at, had a number of woodsmen come in with bites. They aren't agressive unless cornered... like putting your arm in a coat sleeve they are occupying. The books say Brown Recluse don't live this far North... as one who has seen them first hand... we beg to differ.

• 3 weeks later...

i woke up with a hobo spider crawling across my chest a while back, jumped out of bed screamin like a little girl!....hobo is realted to the brown recluse, same venom, looks almost identical....all in all nothin to play with!!

• 2 weeks later...