• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel prices going up again

Mopar1973Man

One more reason I like my job. We may have to drive Fords with V-10's out here on the ranch, but I do not have to pay to fill them up. I may get to town once a week cause it is 70 miles one way and we do have some long work days, but I only need to get fuel about once a month so I am not sure what the price is in Twin? I guess that if it gets too high I can always ride my horse and lead a pack horse???

i would love for fuel cost to skyrocket to where no one can afford them. let the economy crash again and maybe someone will get those idiots on wallstreet to stop speculating on oil and causing the fuel rise. Not to mention the damn conflicts of all these idiot countries that thinks their god is better then soemone elses..i remember back in winter 2004 regular was .99 gal. it hase only gone up since then for no damn reason aside from greed.they need to GTFU (grow the f up)

• Like 1

.99 aint never going to be seen again. but I do not disagree with whatyou are saying. It kills me when I see numbers on the economy and no one sees how much the price of a gallon of gas takes out of it. The class of people that need to spend the money to get the ecomony rolling again are spending their money on gas and not goods.

.99 aint never going to be seen again. but I do not disagree with whatyou are saying. It kills me when I see numbers on the economy and no one sees how much the price of a gallon of gas takes out of it. The class of people that need to spend the money to get the ecomony rolling again are spending their money on gas and not goods.

well back when the prices started to rise, i predicted that eventually the cost of gas that consumers rely on no matter what will have an impact on what they spend outside of fuel. This directly impacts the economy, food, housing, anything that is transported by means of fossil fuel machines. Then the house bubble popped and it was a double hit for everyone. The real issue i feel is this. The speculators cause much of the inflation on oil. One day they say that oil will rise in 2 months. Well literally because they said that, stocks start to trade causing the price to rise. Same thing with it dropping. The fed that controls the interest rate does the same thing. They say the interest rate will rise in the next year, well literally because those words were uttered from the mouth of some idiot the rate goes up. There is nothing controlling the percentage of interest or the cost of fuel other than Greedy human beings that own the oil or interest rate that dictate what that cost or rate will be based on how much people are willing to pay. Until it gets too costly to justify not using fuel/oil the price will continue to climb. Prices and rates will drop to the bottom when they realize they have gone to far and we cant afford fuel or oil or loans anymore. This is what has to happen and it is fast aproaching. greed is what drives the economies of the world. nothing more. :2cents:

Passed by a local fuel station today on the way back from grocery shopping. Besides spending $90 on a 1/4 cart worth of food, fuel prices for diesel went up from $3.89 to $4.02/gal. 87 octane spiked from $3.16 to $3.44. :banghead:I bought my diesel thinking I would be able to get onto bio by now, but things never work out as you plan them. You can only hope they go how you would like it to.Personally, I do not believe it has to do with speculation, etc. I believe it has more to do about the strength (or the lack thereof) of the dollar. :2cents:BUT, anything the greed-mongers can use to justify the means... :whistle:

I do think about how these people seem to care little about the ramifications of their actions. Although, I do KNOW that one day they WILL stand before the Lord and have to give an account for their works. That goes for the thoughts and actions according to the condition of their heart when it came to this very opportunity about ethics economically....if that makes any sense. :cookoo:

I do think about how these people seem to care little about the ramifications of their actions. Although, I do KNOW that one day they WILL stand before the Lord and have to give an account for their works. That goes for the thoughts and actions according to the condition of their heart when it came to this very opportunity about ethics economically. ...if that makes any sense. :cookoo:

Agree, but there is a saying while on earth: 'Just do it ... and ask for forgiveness later' I learned that working for big oil for 3 decades. I've said it before in forums, in that industry, the basic motto is: Do it, then just wait long enough and they will forget what it was ... and forget. (history has proven this statement)

I believe the saying they are living by is a pipe dream. I still remember the prices back when I first staretd driving. I also remember what my pops used to pay when I was a kid. Its not that I forgot about the price, but its about what can I do to influence the price?You can try and boycott a station, but too many people out there just don't give :2cents: about the reality of it. I'm sure that if we organized, the oil companies would definitely get some covert stuff to go down... :cookoo:

$0.33 when i started dirving. I dont even know what diesel cost then. we are going to end up paying whatever any one thinks we will. The week dollar doesnot help at all. Speculators prbably have the price driven about near 20%. Iran is making enough noise to drive it wher it is going right now. Anyone rember the early 70's and the arab oil embargo? Even and odd days to buy gas. All a man mde shortage. The writing was on the wall then and we still dont have any energy policy here or elsewhere unless you happen to be selling the stuff. Demand is much greater today but I have yet to see the shortage that is supposedly driving the cost up. We export diesel by the boat load because over seas markets produce more profit. I gotta stop it is pissing me off.

I am not sold on the weak dollar thing. I have thought about it for a long time and always come back to how everything is pretty well equalized. For example, in 1960 the average person made $4,080 a year. The average cost for a gallon of gas was $0.31. $4,080/52 means $78.46 a week. I use 12 gallons a week. That means it cost me $3.72 a week in gas, or 4.7% of my income. In 2010 gas prices averaged $3.18. Average salary was $41,673.83. Meaning $801.41 a week and I would spend $38.16 a week on gas or 4.7% of my income. Geez I didn't think it would be THAT close to being the same. But still you get the picture. The only problem is that people save "money". Meaning the $20 I saved back then, is still worth $20 today, which frankly isn't worth what it was back then. I am one of them who saves so I get screwed as well. I notice gold has shot through the roof in the last 10 years so I should have invested my savings in that. But there is NO reason the dollar value has to change. A show I watched a year or 2 ago said the dollars value is based solely on our own personal value we give it. Only problem with that is that big companies want more money all the time just because they added a new fancy feature. Now we have duramax's costing more than corvettes :rolleyes:

ya it went up here only a few cents as of right now,i payed $3.89 today but i keep seeing reports that it's gonna get close to $5.00 within the next couple of months.i sure hope not,i'm spending $100.00 or more a week now on fuel.i make my own bio from used vg oil in warmer weather but the oils getting more&more difficult to get.this past year i was able to save that $100.00 per week.need to find a couple thousand gal's.:broke:

I am not sold on the weak dollar thing. I have thought about it for a long time and always come back to how everything is pretty well equalized. For example, in 1960 the average person made $4,080 a year. The average cost for a gallon of gas was $0.31. $4,080/52 means $78.46 a week. I use 12 gallons a week. That means it cost me $3.72 a week in gas, or 4.7% of my income. In 2010 gas prices averaged $3.18. Average salary was $41,673.83. Meaning $801.41 a week and I would spend $38.16 a week on gas or 4.7% of my income. Geez I didn't think it would be THAT close to being the same. But still you get the picture. The only problem is that people save "money". Meaning the $20 I saved back then, is still worth $20 today, which frankly isn't worth what it was back then. I am one of them who saves so I get screwed as well. I notice gold has shot through the roof in the last 10 years so I should have invested my savings in that. But there is NO reason the dollar value has to change. A show I watched a year or 2 ago said the dollars value is based solely on our own personal value we give it. Only problem with that is that big companies want more money all the time just because they added a new fancy feature. Now we have duramax's costing more than corvettes :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but I think your reasoning is flawed. Maybe I'm not interpreting your statement right. It has to do with Inflation and COLA.

ya it went up here only a few cents as of right now,i payed $3.89 today but i keep seeing reports that it's gonna get close to $5.00 within the next couple of months.i sure hope not,i'm spending $100.00 or more a week now on fuel.i make my own bio from used vg oil in warmer weather but the oils getting more&more difficult to get.this past year i was able to save that $100.00 per week.need to find a couple thousand gal's.:broke:

I know what you mean about the bio. I have not even had a chance to see how much WVO production their is around this small town, but I'm willing to bet there are not many people making a killing on it because the demand is lower than compared to a larger city. It sounds like the oil heating companies are scraping tooth and nail for the stuff to keep their business going though.