• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

Sign in to follow this  
Mopar1973Man

Forum Updated - Fail AGAIN!

Well gang... Got it all setup to update it was going along fine then my local internt started to fail so did the update. So now the site should be restored back to the old version again 4.1.8... I'm getting behind and need to get the update done soon. They are getting ready to release 4.1.11..So hang in there I'm going to attempt this again when the internet traffic is less... :rolleyes:

(sigh)It was close to oh-dark-thirty but by the time I get the file backup and the MySQL backup done it morning-thirty and the traffic had already started. Funny thought everything is fine now if I spent the time re-backed up everything it would be busy again. :banghead:

Sorry to hear that Mike. I know that is time consuming and VERY frustrating when something like that happens. Hope the 2nd attempt works out fine.

Time for some fiber internet! When I worked at this one company doing IT work they had all there servers in a server farm in no where Iowa. It was 1&1 server rental. Suckers where quick never a problem and 75 meg down 30 up

Time for some fiber internet! When I worked at this one company doing IT work they had all there servers in a server farm in no where Iowa. It was 1&1 server rental. Suckers where quick never a problem and 75 meg down 30 up

Don't I wish... I've got basically 4 Mbit down and 0.5 Mbit Up here in Idaho... The server is located in Arizona so lot of things can go wrong between AZ and ID. But This go around I'm going smart I'm all setup with everything on the server. I've downloaded all the software packages and placed then on the server so all I've got to do is Ungzip the files and copy to the forum folder. Then run the upgrade command. Lot less transfering of files over FTP. Then instead of jumping from 4.1.8 to 4.1.10. I'm going to do 4.1.8 to 4.19. Stop, clean up, etc. Then fire up 4.1.9 to 4.1.10 upgrade... One step at a time. Because so far both times it completes the 4.1.8 to 4.19 with no issues but gets to 4.1.10 and falls on its face. So now waiting for another period of time I'm available to do upgrading...

Oh yeah... 4.1.11 just came out last night... So now I'm 3 sub versions behind... :rolleyes:

--- Update to the previous post...

Well I managed to do a test run again my test server and I managed to upgrade 4.1.11 without a hitch. Now all I got to do is get some quiet time maybe late this evening or early tomorrow and do the upgrade. If I can upgrade my testing server then there is no reason why I can't upgrade the live site... :wink: