• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Forum Updated - Fail AGAIN!

• Owner

Well gang... Got it all setup to update it was going along fine then my local internt started to fail so did the update. So now the site should be restored back to the old version again 4.1.8... I'm getting behind and need to get the update done soon. They are getting ready to release 4.1.11..So hang in there I'm going to attempt this again when the internet traffic is less... :rolleyes:

• Owner

Time for some fiber internet! When I worked at this one company doing IT work they had all there servers in a server farm in no where Iowa. It was 1&1 server rental. Suckers where quick never a problem and 75 meg down 30 up

Don't I wish... I've got basically 4 Mbit down and 0.5 Mbit Up here in Idaho... The server is located in Arizona so lot of things can go wrong between AZ and ID. But This go around I'm going smart I'm all setup with everything on the server. I've downloaded all the software packages and placed then on the server so all I've got to do is Ungzip the files and copy to the forum folder. Then run the upgrade command. Lot less transfering of files over FTP. Then instead of jumping from 4.1.8 to 4.1.10. I'm going to do 4.1.8 to 4.19. Stop, clean up, etc. Then fire up 4.1.9 to 4.1.10 upgrade... One step at a time. Because so far both times it completes the 4.1.8 to 4.19 with no issues but gets to 4.1.10 and falls on its face. So now waiting for another period of time I'm available to do upgrading...

Oh yeah... 4.1.11 just came out last night... So now I'm 3 sub versions behind... :rolleyes:

--- Update to the previous post...

Well I managed to do a test run again my test server and I managed to upgrade 4.1.11 without a hitch. Now all I got to do is get some quiet time maybe late this evening or early tomorrow and do the upgrade. If I can upgrade my testing server then there is no reason why I can't upgrade the live site... :wink: