• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Can not find A/C leak

Where are the schraders on the a/c system?

--- Update to the previous post...

Never mind, looking at some pics, I noticed that they are replaceable. I thought that the were built directly into the line itself. I didn't see that they look like they screw out.

Where can you get the schrader valves? Anyone have a part number?

I'm willing to try that... Thank you for the suggestion! :hyper:

No problem

Where are the schraders on the a/c system?

Never mind, looking at some pics, I noticed that they are replaceable. I thought that the were built directly into the line itself. I didn't see that they look like they screw out.

Where can you get the schrader valves? Anyone have a part number?

I just went into the local napa and asked. Also they need a different tool to take them ot. The tire valved sized schrader handles wont work.

Usually when I go into the local parts stores around here, they tend to look at you with a dumbfounded look on their face when I tell them what I am asking for with out a part number that they can just type into the computer. Something like this, half the time they won't even try and figure out if they can get it, they just say that they do not sell it.

Evacuating an A/C system will not pull oil out of it. If you have a good vacuum gauge you will know when you have all the contaminants out (the gauge will hold steady if leak free, or it will rise a little if there is moisture in the system).

Sounds good. So when would you ever need to add any pag oil to the system?

Normally during a rupture where all the freon disperses rather quickly. It will pull the oil out with it. Like a line rupturing. Also when replacing a major component. Like the compressor, evap coil etc. There is a ac sticky somewhere. "ac components" iirc ok found it : Ac thread