Sign in to follow this  
tlpatter

fuel pressure help!

I know this topic has been beat to death, but i really need some help with my fuel pressure gauge. A few months ago I purchased an Isspro ev2 fp gauge, autometer snubber, and bigline kit. I install everything, and from day one the gauge has flucktuated. At idle in continuously goes back and forth from 20-18 psi and wot 14-16 psi. After doing a little research I found many recommend that a needle valve be used. i have been putting it off because after the install a had a hard time getting the truck to start probably due to air in the lines. The bigline kit replaces the banjo bolt at the vp44 with a tapped 90 degree fitting. I installed the snubber in the tapped 90 degree fitting and the fp sender into the snubber. My question is, should I install it (snubber, needle valve, then sender) or (needle valve, snubber, then sender), or should I do something totally different. Also what would be the best way to bleed air out of the lines after I take everything back apart and get it back together? Last time I loosened the tapped 90 at the injection pump and bumped the starter until I saw fuel and tightened it back up. Any tips, insight, or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Btw Im running Raptor FRRP if that makes any difference.

I have the same gauge and the same trouble! I have a needle valve and have it just a hair from being totally shut and my gauge still fluctuates a bit. So I hope someone can help.

Here you go... Skip the snubber install the needle valve...

As for wandering if its a electric sender then you might have to replace the sender due to being damage already. Mechanical gauges you know when youe set right because the gauge no longer is buzzing. :smart: