• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

Sign in to follow this  
anoldbiker

2 Stroke oil in fuel and Smog Test

I hope this is the forum to through this. I have a friend in California with a 2005 Dodge and was thinking of using the 2 Stroke Oil in his diesel. But he threw this question at me ... "With all the State of California smogs for and the fines they LOVE to through out, what has been the problems with using 2 stroke oil in the diesel ?"I'm in a non-smog county and don't know what to say. Actually I now don't care what the State of California wants, but he is my friend. Anyone in a smog testing area that can answer this ?

im not sure what they test for on a diesel in cali but here in denver they only check "opacity" levels of the exhaust. nothing more like the gassers and the breakdown of the exhaust components.id say if he knows when he needs to get checked, empty the tank of the 2 stroke mix and just run straight diesel and all should be fine. then go back to the 2 stroke regime.

Thanks for what info was given. I talked to my friend recently and he was telling me a list of what they check and their charges that made me sick. But he did find a way out. He has property in Arizona and since he finally sold his home in California, plus now recently retired, he is going to register in another state as soon as the tags are due again. And the price is cheaper. So he's been trying the 2 stroke now and is happy with the results he's getting.

Thanks for what info was given. I talked to my friend recently and he was telling me a list of what they check and their charges that made me sick. But he did find a way out. He has property in Arizona and since he finally sold his home in California, plus now recently retired, he is going to register in another state as soon as the tags are due again. And the price is cheaper. So he's been trying the 2 stroke now and is happy with the results he's getting.

Maybe that's one of the few reason I got out of Cally back in 1990... :whistle: Thanks for the update...

I think here on a 4X4 diesel... they check for codes, look at the exhaust. But I'm 8800 GVW, annual safety inspection. Don't know about the lighter trucks.

Both mine passed with 128 to 1. Also had no cat and no muffler. They were not to thrilled about the edge wiring that I had tucked behind brake booster but it still passed