• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Possibility of a 911 help forum

I know a lot of other sites have a 911 help section and after helping a fellow forum brother out today who was stranded a hundred miles from home would it be feesible to have an emergency help section?I know it would be easy to have overlooked this issue had he not contacted me via a PM as he posted it in a specific forum. Just a thought to help others out who may need assistance in the future.In that forum we could do a volunteer contact info thread and services that one could provide for those willing in instances like this.Just a thought.:2cents:

• Like 1

• Owner

Ok if I was to do the 911 forum my idea is 2 forum...

[*]911 Contact listing

[*]911 Support Forum

So now all the people that want to volunteer they can list theie name, phone, what skills they got, and what they got to offer in the contact listing.

Then in the 911 support forum. you can post up who what where and when about your truck problem. But it would require support from all members here to make it work.

Now for secuirty sake both forum would be members only. No guest or public view of any of the information. In other work only Mopar1973Man family members can see!

• Owner

Ok... Another twist to add to it how about adding map locations? Say use Google and flag the map where you at. http://maps.google.com/maps?q=45.243681,-116.331739&ll=44.276671,-110.01709&spn=12.143778,28.54248&num=1&t=h&z=6 Some people are better with a point on the map to locate you than city, State... Like myself I'm listed as New Meadows, ID but I'm actually 20 miles north of New Meadows, ID. :rolleyes: As for what you got to offer... How do we standardize this? Room and Board, towing abilities, shop, tools, skill level, etc? :shrug: I'm thinking we need to come up with a post blank that we have all the specification on it (Contact, etc.) and we just fill in the blanks. Then the title of the post would have to have some sort of format so people can find you. Think about it a second after a long period of time and people add to the list and it becomes several pages long how do we find others in say North Dakota? Or Maine? Small list is fine just scan up on down it quick but after awhile the list will get long. So how do we format the post title and the post itself so we get the information to the people that need and make it easy to find? :shrug: Help me out guys!

I'd like to see what else you guys can come up with as a way to organize a map. This is all I can come up with http://i40.tinypic.com/fcms8i.jpg Where you have numbers right over where you live. Otherwise it would be cluttered up pretty quick. Then under the map, go into detail like 1. Mike Nelson: Can help change blinker fluid. 2. ISX: Will wash windshield. I would have to keep the map as big as it is on the link in order for you to see it. I might do sections of the US to make it bigger. I know we got canadian people as well.

I can help repack muffler bearings. :lol: I like the idea. Even more so with a bit of security that Mike mentioned. The map idea seems to be the best bet. I might need this forum soon. Making a cross country roadtrip, WA to FL and back. :thud:

create a stickied section in the banner for this.break it down by stateeach state have a map and whoever wants to add themselves just put a tab where they are. and on that tab let it pop up a link that will take you to that persons info. On that info page we list out all we have/can do/ times available etc etc.you would want this speedily accesible and everything locateable relative to the location of the one who is broke down.

Alright this seems to have got put on the back burner but I don't see why. My thought that I will do instantly when the bigger man ok's it is:911 ForumThis has a sub forum with every state and Canada. Might break Canada into provinces. It will have to be sub forums because a main forum would make it very long on the main page. Each State forum will entail a Sticky at the top with a map with each person listed on the map. There will then be another sticky where you just come in and post where you are, what you can do, etc. as your own thread. I will link to this thread from the map. So if they see me in sedalia they will click on me in the map sticky and it will take them to the thread I made listing all details about myself that allow me to help them. The actual forum of the state can be where the actual help takes place, where people just post and say I NEED HELP!, my wheel fell off near Chicago!, then whoever could jump in that is close and help them. This gives them 2 outlets to find someone; the map or by posting. Now I am good with editing in stuff but not good with "interactive" map clicking.. I might put a fancy icon with a number in it over the map to show where you are and then just find the number underneath the map in a list. If anyone has anything to add or suggest I am all ears. I'd like to get this show on the road..

• Owner

Sorry for the lag gang been hashing out software issues in the mean time... I guess I get cracking on the forum and see how it going to go...

Please wait on posting till I finsh guys and gals... :thumbup2:

--- Update to the previous post...

Ok... I got a forum layout built but I need to get a information template built... We need a information layout for the posting so all the information is the same everytime.

Help me out guys...

How about:Name: Can be initialsPhone Number:Location: If close to state line do both statesHelp: What type of help you can offer, i.e. tools, books, garage space, driveway space, trailering ability, towing ability, parts chasing, spare vehicle, trouble shooting etc.Time: AvailabilityParts Availability: What is available in town, i.e., Parts stores, dealerships, stores etc.

• Like 1

stodg73 pretty much put what i was gonna put.just ensure that the number that is listed we can actually get yhold of ya, not a home phone while yer away from the house lol.AND if someone calls they need to leave a voicemail stating who they are/forum name and callback number. i screen my calls and numbers i dont know go to voicemail. if no voicemail, its not important. :)

• Owner

I think I got it all covered... Let me know guys if I missed something ro something needs changing...

--- Update to the previous post...

Let me know if your seeing moderated posting... I'm trying to disable that function but I've see a few post turned into moderated post. :doh:

Gotta debug the system more... Help me out gang...